Stayed overnight here at the start of our holiday. Most comfortable rooms we have experienced in UK for a long long time.
Food was pricey but cheaper options available eg. children didnt fancy chicken terrine and cod starter so had a filet steak and ice cream cheaper while we had a glorious 7 course taster menu.
Wonderful indeed. Mackerel in elderflower, duck, cod, beef, pane-cotta and an amazing souffle.
Can't afford too many nights here but great to experience at least once!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come on in. Take a look around. You might just be surprised. For while the Alkham Valley, indeed Alkham village itself, suggests genteel old England at its most rural and unspoiled, the Marquis itself is something else... It's a strikingly contemporary restaurant and hotel. The product of a major renovation in 2008, what was once the village's pub, The Marquis of Granby, has been utterly transformed. Space, light, fine furnishings and beautiful fabrics and the opportunity to fine tune every detail hasn't been missed. The restaurant is a revelation. Head Chef Andrew King's seasonally inspired and locally sourced menus are as fresh as they are imaginative, and the elegant 21st century styling is exceptional. Queen sized pocket sprung beds are swathed in the finest cotton. Sumptuous fabrics dress windows and chairs. And an eclectic collection of art completes the mood, the mix and the personality that makes this place unique. Boutique chic in the heart of the English countryside? You've found it. You've arrived. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Marquis at Alkham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marquis At Alkham Hotel Dover
- The Marquis At Alkham Dover, Kent