Went for a 2-night break with LivingSocial, which included a 4-course Kentish menu meal on one night. The village where the hotel is situated is in a lovely location. It was good value compared to the full price and the meal was excellent, but a few things about the stay were not right. Firstly, we paid a little bit extra to upgrade the room (we stayed in the Everden suite). It was a good size (including the bath and bathroom), stylishly decorated and comfortable. But wifi didn't work (we had to go into the corridor to get a connection), and although staff helpfully got us access to another wifi network, that didn't work in our room either. Room was airless (there was no window to open other than the door to the terrace outside), we couldn't seem to turn the v hot towel rail off in the bathroom, lighting was poor and the staff were unable to replace a failed lightbulb. While there were bath salts there was no bubble bath, and the terrace outside was small, felt overlooked, and there was really no view from either there or the room. Specialty coffee, which they rather emphasised, didn't get replaced after 1st night, and DVD machine and large TV, though nice to have, were complex to operate and had no instructions. Finally, the bill was very wrong (although when I pointed this out the receptionist was helpful in putting it right). In summary: they need to get the details right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come on in. Take a look around. You might just be surprised. For while the Alkham Valley, indeed Alkham village itself, suggests genteel old England at its most rural and unspoiled, the Marquis itself is something else... It's a strikingly contemporary restaurant and hotel. The product of a major renovation in 2008, what was once the village's pub, The Marquis of Granby, has been utterly transformed. Space, light, fine furnishings and beautiful fabrics and the opportunity to fine tune every detail hasn't been missed. The restaurant is a revelation. Head Chef Andrew King's seasonally inspired and locally sourced menus are as fresh as they are imaginative, and the elegant 21st century styling is exceptional. Queen sized pocket sprung beds are swathed in the finest cotton. Sumptuous fabrics dress windows and chairs. And an eclectic collection of art completes the mood, the mix and the personality that makes this place unique. Boutique chic in the heart of the English countryside? You've found it. You've arrived. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your The Marquis at Alkham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marquis At Alkham Hotel Dover
- The Marquis At Alkham Dover, Kent