“Charming Hosts, Close to Dover Castle”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dover
Churchill Guest House
Ranked #2 of 38 Dover B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 June 2012

A terrific location for visiting Dover Castle, the Churchill Guest House is great for people who can handle stairs. The Winston room was stylish and large, with a good-sized bathroom, love seat and coffee table, flat-screen TV, and tea/coffee-making supplies.

Breakfast was held in a separate building that housed the breakfast room, along with Betty and Alastair's kitchen. This couple can charm you with tales of unusual travels, while, should you time it right, you may breakfast with gentlemen training for swimming the English Channel.

The bathroom offered the largest, most luxurious towels I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing in Europe. Soaps, hair shampoo, and other amenities were generously provided. The shower was super, with lots of hot water. Although very attractive, it would have been nice if the room had more drawers and/or a wardrobe for clothes, though there was an area with open, rack-type furniture for storage.

The beds were attractive and comfortable, though the traffic provided a bit of a challenge for a light sleeper, as the room was on the front above the street.

A few blocks away was a great Italian restaurant, along with a few pubs and a Chinese restaurant. A block away stood an inexpensive fish and chips shop, even open on Sunday evening. Off-street parking was provided at the back of the property. The Churchill Guest House was easy to locate and access. One can watch the ferries enter and exit the harbor from this room.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank tuggeroo

Reviewed 3 June 2012

We would recommend this bed & breakfast to anyone. It was fantastic. We arrived early on our first day & we were allowed to check in right away. Everything was explained to us & all of our questions were answered regarding catching the cruise the next day. 10:30 was supposed to be checkout but they let us stay until 1:00 when it was time to go to the Port.
When we arrived back from the cruise 7 days later we were very early, but once again it was no problem.
The room was so spacious, it felt like we had an apartment. The guest computer & refrigerator were an added bonus.
Alistair & Betty were very gracious hosts & cooked an amazing breakfast as well as amusing us with some tales. What a beautiful couple.
We stayed 3 nights in total.
Bruce & Ruth Edwards - London, On, Canada

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RuthBruceEdwards
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed here for two night en-route to France. Apart from its convenient location for Channel crossing the place is lovely. The room was immaculately clean and spacious and the en-suite had everything you would need. The hosts were friendly, helpful and good fun. Breakfasts were great-cooked to order and delicious. The meal was a really sociable event. We shared ours with Belgians and Australians and it was a very friendly experience. Thanks for a lovely stay. We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank northernpals
Reviewed 16 August 2011

My father, brother and I used Churchill Guest House for three nights whilst my brother and I were swimming The Channel. The B&B is a beautiful Georgian house with loads of character.

My dad had a single room, this was very comfortable, clean and had nice en-suite facilities. My brother and I shared a twin "Winston" room and were immediately impressed by the size and general cleanliness of the room. All rooms are cleaned to a high standard daily and have all fresh linen.

The breakfasts we had (two days of full english and one day of the most AMAZING porridge I had ever tasted!!) were all cooked perfectly with all the cereal, toast, tea and coffee you can manage.

Alistair and Betty made us all feel welcome and were friendly and understanding to our requests (coming in at 0100 due to our swim). My brother and I have already planned on another swim and will be staying at The Churchill again. Well done Alistair and Betty your B&B has left us with more good memories of our stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Malcolm G
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I stayed at the guest house for two nights and it was fantastic. Breakfast was great both mornings, I had no trouble getting wifi access in my room, and the host was really friendly. They recommended a ferry tour to take along the coast to see the cliffs from the water and gave me directions to find it. It was a really great stay and I wished I had the time to spend another day or two in Dover.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank lady__of__light
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Recommend highly! My family with 3 teens enjoyed our visit. Clean, beautiful home, comfy beds, welcoming hosts. A very special place--my family has so many great memories from our stay. We will remember Alastair, Betty and their dog Morgan fondly!

• Stayed: July 2011