West Bank Guest House
US$114
US$106
The White Cliffs Hotel(St Margaret's at Cliffe)
US$170
US$88
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsfull englisholder homeplace to stayfriendly receptionnight staystayed for nightspleasant stayshort walktop floorwarm welcomeon arrivalserenadedluggagecerealweddinghostscruise
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Working in Dover for 7 weeks and the most enjoyable 7 weeks stay at the West Bank Guest House. Hospitality was second to none. We can highly recommend this guest house. Very comfortable clean rooms. Private secure car park. Hope to be back if working in the area again.
Thanks.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Teresa S
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Ecellent, very hospitable owners. Went out of their way to accomodate our needs.Very friendly and clean environment. My daughter and I called it our second home. Home sweet home. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Dover
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I booked a single room with bathroom, I had a tiny room with separate bathroom. But it was not specified in the reservation that the bathroom was separate. the bathroom was in front of the room, private but detached and I had to get out on the steps of the hotel, which faced 2 other rooms. uncomfortable.
the room was clean but very small, some floorboards moved a lot and did also move the cabinet.
no chair or opportunity to support the clothes or other (if not in the tiny closet).
staff quite welcoming.
and the breakfast was not included in room's price.
the hotel is on a very busy street (luckily my room had a window in the back), I had to park on the street because the owner did not seem very willing to open up the parking lot.
the wifi does not exist, or at least there was no signal in my room (first floor).
in substance the hotel is affordable, but be careful to single room! and certainly not a 4 star, in my opinion is a good 2 star, no more.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We used 'The West Bank' as a stopover before catching an early morning ferry to France. It's a well-maintained, clean and comfortable B&B that was excellent value for money. It also has a secure car-park, which given it's in Dover is a big selling point. The staff were very helpful and directed us to an excellent restaurant on the sea front that proved a great start to the holiday. It's close to the ferry terminal as well, so getting from the B&B to the port is relatively quick and simple.

The B&B is situated on a street of 'mixed' buildings and clientele and we saw a couple of suspicious individuals trying car doors to see if they were locked. This is 'par for the course' in Dover, and does not reflect negatively on the B&B in any way, but if you're looking to stay in Dover I would highly recommend finding somewhere with secure parking.

If I had to stay in Dover again I would use ‘The West Bank’.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We booked to stay here for the night before catching the ferry to calais and also for a nights stopover on our return. We found it on the internet and were relieved to find that it is the loveliest place. The rooms are spotlessly clean, spacious and well furnished. The beds were very comfortable. Our two children had lovely comfortable beds and we enjoyed watching the Olympics on a good sized TV together with a nice cup of tea and biscuits. We made use of the secure car park and nothing was too much trouble for the owners. They were extremely friendly and helpful, including making a restaurant reservation for us. We sat in the lounge in the afternoon and they offered to put a dvd on for my children which was really lovely. My parents also came with us and they had a double room. They were equally as pleased as us. My mum hates milk from little cartons and the lady gave my mum some fresh milk in a jug. The breakfasts were fabulous. Honestly, you couldn't find a nicer place to stay if you tried. We will be taking the ferry again next summer and we will definitely be staying here again!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family