“Lovely visit”

Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I booked last minute on the day with no problems as it was out of peak season. Lobby is well presented and the staff are very friendly. I stayed for 2 nights in room 312 with a sea view and the room was very clean and modern, the bed was very comfortable like sleeping on a cloud. The bathroom did let it the room down a bit it needs to be updated. Being an old building the floors are on a slope and quite uneven, however I didn't find this to be a huge issue. ( management do have a note in the rooms if you find it a problem they are willing to move you to a different room)
After enjoying the beautiful scenic walk of the cliffs I treated myself to an afternoon tea in the waterfront cafe overlooking the beach, a lovely way to relax after a long walk on a cold windy day. I ordered room service one evening my dinner arrived quickly and was enjoyable. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,259)

Reviewed 29 October 2013

From experience, this hotel is the ideally located for the ferry port for both outward an return journeys with great views of the harbour, its extremely close to the de Bradiel shopping village,and the restaurant serves consistently good food.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We were joining a ship and for logistical reasons we had no option but to stay in Dover overnight. This hotel seemed like a good bet, close to the centre of the town and not far from the cruise terminal. The room was of a good size, the bathroom was clean and with all the usual facilities, and the big bonus was the large balcony, an excellent place to sit and watch the Channel ferries entering and leaving the port.
We ate a snack meal in the hotel that evening, which was excellent and moderately priced, and had the full breakfast - part of the package we'd bought - the following morning. That too was ample and tasty. The staff were efficient and friendly, and the atmosphere welcoming. We would have no hesitation about staying there again.

Room Tip: Go for a room on the front, overlooking the port.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed here in March 2013 for one night. I paid for the sea view based on the Trip Advisor recommendations but I must say, I didn't really feel it was worth it.

I stayed in room 210. It was quite a comfortable room, nice bed, tv, a desk area, the usual. The room is not the most modern and the floor was a bit slanted. This wasn't a problem for me at all though; I am assuming the floor was like that because it is a listed building. The bathroom was ok. It was clean and quite big. I also had no problem with noise.

The lobby is very nice and the free parking was very useful. I did try the hotel restaurant for dinner and although I didn’t really like the food much and would not eat there again. The staff were very pleasant though. They also took my Tastecard which was a nice surprise. I just happened to check on the off chance. Although do mention it to them when booking the restaurant or they might not accept it.

The town centre is very close by and is a very short walk. As others have mentioned, the cafe next door is excellent. I had breakfast there before I left and it was very tasty and reasonably priced.

Overall the hotel and the stay was ok. I'm not really sure what makes it a 4* hotel though as I really didn't see it as one. It’s a 3* really.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FNL1234
Reviewed 26 October 2013

only my second stay in Dover for business and i find this hotel has all i need for business travel . good rooms and mine had a sea view , wifi , car parking , and the evening meal and breakfast were excellent , along with excellent service from all staff. i will return here for business and also leisure .
i arranged two taxis from hotel and service was quick both times with cabbi parking at back of hotel both times and then coming in get get me , hotel were happy to book this extra service , i didnt have time to explore along the sea front but will next time as i can see there is a lot to look at especially if you are interested in shipping , as you are right on the water front looking out to sea.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Having stayed in (& been happy with) several BWs, I was looking forward to seeing what the BW Plus would offer us... The first thing that strikes you it the stifling heat in the lobby/rooms etc, to the point our room came with a rather ghastly giant fan and we still had to keep the window open. Reduce heating bills, save the environment & avoid fans... turn the heat down! Speaking of windows our view was dismal, overlooking an outlet store & carpark. Shower was cold & when we called to query we were told to run it for at least another 5 minutes?! On 2 separate occasions we were told breakfast was not included and we would need to pay/ register card to avail- this meant twice pulling out my bilking confirmation. Bar service was poor, we had to ask the manager to put the receptionist on the bar as we had been waiting over 20 minutes for a drink! Frankly I was disappointed in the service during our 2 night stay and don't see where the hotel warrants a plus, on this occasion it was sub BW standard.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
9  Thank Lynsey K
Reviewed 23 October 2013

4th floor, view of the sea, small room, electric Saniflo pulverising toilet, very creaky floor, tiny lift, no water, small bar, free parking. Cheap and yet strangely cheerful, mainly due to the staff. Would I stay again? Probably.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CotswoldsSpotter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Ramada Dover
Premier Inn Dover East Hotel
The White Cliffs Hotel
The White Cliffs Hotel
#1 of 1 in St Margaret's at Cliffe

Been to Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!