We were not expecting much from a quick stopover on our way across the Channel, but the Dover Marina Hotel surpassed our wishes with it overlooking a lovely Beach and Marina.
With a loaded car, we were a little worried about leaving it in the nominated Car Park (free to residents) behind the Wharf Shop (not in site of the Hotel) so we moved it to the metered spaces at the front of the Hotel.
When we checked in we asked for a room overlooking the Sea and they were very happy to accommodate us. Although the room was quite small and a little cold, everything we needed was there and the bed was comfy enough with a nice thick Quilt that ended getting kicked off as the room got warmer.
The Bathroom was a little basic with a Shower in the Bath that constantly varied in temperature.
Too late for Dinner and off before Breakfast so no comments on the food.
Bed comfort: 4
Bathroom facilities: 3
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new 81 room Best Western Dover Marina Hotel is set in a Georgian Terrace building and commands stunning views across the Dover seafront with the famous Dover castle in the background. It is centrally located just a few minutes from the Ferry and Cruise terminals and 5 minute walk from the town centre, the hotel facilities include Free Wifi, a Restaurant, Bar & Lounge, and Coffee Shop brewing Starbucks Coffee and Movenpick Icecream.The Waterfront Spa will be open from 01st March 2013 offering a range of Beauty Tretments, Manicure, Pedicure and Massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Superbreak UK so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Dover Marina Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Dover Marina Hotel And Spa
- Best Western Dover Marina Hotel Dover
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Dover Marina Hotel & Spa Kent