Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel & Spa
Ramada Dover(Whitfield)
US$107
US$101
The White Cliffs Hotel(St Margaret's at Cliffe)
US$169
US$57
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,307 results
All reviewssea viewafternoon teasloping floorsold buildingsea frontpublic car parkgroupon dealfree parkingcourse dinnerbooked this hotelwhite cliffscruise terminalone night staytown centrefamily roomlovely roomfollowing morning
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I was allocated a very small room with a single bed and a very small shower room in the corner. I must have stayed here on one of the warmest days of the year and the window only opened about 3 to 4 inches. It was so warm and at about 9pm I phoned reception begging for a fan to be brought to the room. A fan was provided and this improved things a little. The bedroom decor was tired and the shower room so small that I had to keep my wash bag in the bedroom and when I needed I used the toilet seat as a shelf. Breakfast the following morning was interesting..........very few guests eating at 8am and some very interesting breakfast choices. Liver and black pudding available but no fried eggs. Overalll a fairly comfortable stay but air conditioning would have been welcomed. I would stay again but I would know what to expect.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank WhereU2
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Waterfront so wonderful view. best decision was to take a room with a balcony as it was best to enjoy the beautiful weather and sights of the waterfront. multiple ferries in and out and a view of the cruise ship we took form that port. took a cab to the Dover castle and walked back. Hotel room, was upgraded to bridal room. very nice and the difference for the balcony was better seats and table in wicker as opposed to the other balconies which were metal. great size of room with French doors to balcony, also a large window. no air conditioning, but room had a fan. no safe and oddly enough only 1 bedside table. room beautifully furnished. breakfast was no included but we were able to purchase it, and it was quite good and we were nicely accommodated with special requests. the hotel bar was quite nice although service was slow at times especially for cleaning tables. hotel reception was fantastic, they have a terrific team behind the counter indeed. elevator very slow especially at check out time. bathroom amenities were basic but a great shower. only major issue with balcony is that the only room that has obstructed view is the bridal suite where the advertising banner runs the length of the balcony so you could not see the sea form sitting down, you had to be standing/ that was a shock and the main reason I only gave rating as very good as opposed to excellent/ WIFI hard to get on often/ bed felt more like a double, not as big as north American standards

Room Tip: caution with banner over balcony in bridal suite/ but do choose a room with a balcony, especially with that view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jackiefrombrampton
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This is our third time staying here, and everytime we do it's simply more amazing than the time before.

First, the staff...simply amazing people. I saw some new faces that replaced some of the few " less than pleasant" folks ( i.e., breakfast staff). My 4 year old still asks to go see 1 of the folks that works during breakfast ( name left out for their privacy). Very helpful when a family friend traveling with us took ill ( motion sick from a rough ferry crossing) and we needed to find a chemist close by.

Breakfast was excellent, and service times are a bit longer than at other places in the area...it's ok to have a slow, sleepy morning ( Important when traveling with kids!), you'll still make breakfast. Room is mostly clean ( Housekeeping always seems to skip 1 task and random- see below) and comfortable. TV, Internet and heating all work great.

My one and only complaint about the hotel remains the same..housekeeping! During a previous stay we had bits of broken glass spread out in the bathroom that we discovered with my daughter stepped on one. We were missing one drinking glass so I assume the previous occupants had broken it and housekeeping didn't clean up the bathroom floor. This time the bathroom floor was free of broken glass, but the bed sheets were full of biscuit crumbs, like the previous occupants ate in bed and the sheets were not changed. I do hope one day the issues with housekeeping will change...this hotel could easily be number 1 in Dover.

Room Tip: Top floors have the better views and get more of a seabreeze at night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Our room number was 400, and it was incredibly hot and humid. The window couldn't open more than 30 degrees. We booked twin, but got triple. When we told the receptionist she was very helpful and said that an extra bed will be removed. We had lunch there and my husband was very happy, but my jacket potato was soggy and was brown in parts inside. Tuna feeling was not tasty. When I complained, the waiter offered something else, or they would not charged. I opted for the latter one. The staff was very friendly, however because of the humidity, and the room did not deliver what was shown on photos, and the food was of a bad standard I would not return, or recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Do not take a room on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elizabeth H
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The room was sparkling, the sea view brilliant and the welcome warm.
Breakfast was great including cook-it-yourself waffles and a buffet with a wide choice.
Bar and food well up to standard.
Can't wait to stay here again.

Room Tip: Sea view means you can watch ferries come and go.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business