“Friendly staff, good menu choice.”

Brewers Fayre Duke Of York
Ranked #42 of 170 Restaurants in Dover
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Alfreton, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, good menu choice.”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Good value all-you-can-eat breakfast with plenty of choice and cooked as requested. The two days we were there they seemed very short-staffed, which may be why the cleanliness of the tables, cutlery and crockery was a bit lacking. Also the coffee machine gets quite a queue forming at breakfast as there's only one machine. Another surprise was that in a restaurant that size there were only two cubicles in the ladies' toilets, so again, there was quite a queue.
But apart from that it was all fine, and the friendly staff made our breakfast a pleasant experience.

1 Thank KNL25

“Very average food for the price bordering on awful”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We ate here last night whilst staying at the Premier Inn next door. After reading the reviews I was ready for average food which is fine and what you pay for, I'm not that fussy. We were told when we arrived there would be a 30 min wait for a table then 40 mins for food, ok no problem at least we were aware. We were actually shown to a table within 10 minutes, good start! I had the fish and chips and my son the Macaroni Cheese. They looked fine when it arrived, about 20 minutes later. However about 4 or 5 mouthfuls of my fish tasted dirty and muddy so I just ate the batter after that and as it was near the end of the fish I didn't bother to complain, the chips weren't very hot and not very tasty at all. My sons salad with his Macaroni cheese was warm, obviously sitting under the warming lights too long and all the cheese was on top of the dish with hardly any underneath leaving just the pasta. I just wanted to get out of there afterwards and get back to our room where I felt ill which I'm sure was attributed to the fish. So glad we didn't have to have breakfast there and did my research and went to a lovely cafe called 'Happy Chef' down by the ferry terminals the next morning. Yes mine might be an isolated case but there's no way I would eat there again and would recommend finding somewhere else if possible, there's plenty of pubs and restaurants not too far away.

“Family meal”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Mexican buffet night. Lots of food for the bigger appetites as you can go back. A fair amount of choice for picky eaters. Food OK and price good. Downside, more staff needed, a bank holiday and at a lot of the time only 1 working at the bar and also taking food orders. Also 40 minute food wait if you did not want buffet. Overall though a good time was had!

London, England, United Kingdom
“Friendly attentive staff”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Food hearty and plentiful. Staff very attentive and good outside play area for children. Ideally placed close to the port.

• Visited August 2014
London, United Kingdom
“great for a cheap nite!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

great food if you fancy a cheap night out, curry was great and nothing too much trouble for staff even if you have to wait for a table it's well worth the wait and has remained consistently good over the last six years.

Visited August 2014

Been to Brewers Fayre Duke Of York? Share your experiences!