“Friendly staff”

La Salle Verte
Ranked #3 of 17 Coffee & Tea in Dover
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: La Salle Verte is a cafe located in Dover, Kent. Situated near the market square, we are dedicated to giving our customers the best coffee and best lunch in town. Our aim is to provide a European style coffee house experience offering premium coffee, great hot and cold food, and a relaxing atmosphere. La Salle Verte is perfect for a relaxing meet-up with friends and family.
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Visited for lunch with my mum a couple if days ago. It's nicely decorated with a good selection of seating arrangements from. Service was very good, with the staff being friendly and attentive. We both had a couple of sandwiches , which were nice. What I would say is that the menu is a little overpriced and there isn't really much of a selection. A few different sandwich filling choices would be good.

Kansas
“Delightful relaxing stop”
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

We are sitting in this wonderful little coffee shop as I write this review. In Dover for a brief visit on a cold, blustery day we came upon La Salle Verte. The coffee is great and the citrus cake divine. Coffee house music, comfortable seating, fine service - - all we hoped for.

Visited December 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Customers paying for the interior decoration?”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Firstly, let me get this out of the way, the interior design of this cafe is wonderful. It certainly is one of the best decorated and laid out places to eat in Dover by far. Yet, it may seem that the customers are paying for this with the prices of the food. Whilst the food itself is not terrible, for what I was given the price did seem a tad high.

I am aware that this is a highly rated cafe. Indeed, the only reason I myself visited was because a friend of mine raved about the place so frequently as one of her favourite haunts. Yet, given all the hype I had heard about it, I found myself slightly disappointed at the quality of my Tomato Soup. Maybe it was just my choice of dish, yet Tomato Soup is a relatively simple dish to make and the quality of the dish compared to the price surprised me. Despite this, The staff were friendly all but one, whom I may assume is the manageress. The waiter who served me was patient, helpful and smiling all of the time I was in there. I must also add, despite the Tomato Soup, that it is definitely a good thing to find a place locally that sells Curiosity Cola. The drink selection I will also add, is not sparse.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank GandalfTheDrunk
Dover, United Kingdom
“Great escape from the bitter cold”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Freezing outside today, but had a very nice cup of Mocha and a slice of cake in the warm.
Lots of customers shows that great minds think alike...
They do a great selection of lunches too.
Outside seating area for when the weather improves, plus extra downstairs...
Even a Jukebox.

• Visited March 2013
Dover, United Kingdom
“Up-and-coming coffee shop with excellent ideas”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Good coffee from an independent owner. The service is fast and professional, with enthusiastic staff and a very capable manager.

A comprehensive selection of coffee styles and tastes starts a well thought-out menu. There is a good selection of patisserie and sandwiches, with hot food available as well.

There is plenty of seating with a basement and canopied outside area. At present there is a 'resident artist' who is painting the outside seating area with classical themes which are interesting and engaging.

Good for: friends, business (pick your seating carefully), families. Prices average but not as high as a chain.

• Visited August 2012