“This is a great experience”
Review of Dover Sea Safari

Dover Sea Safari
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Dover
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Step aboard one of our fantastic boats for a fun filled and incredibly unique experience. Choose either one of our boats; 'Dover Explorer' which is our 450hp RHIB or 'Wetwheels' which is our 600hp Catamaran, specifically designed to accommodate those of you with worries of mobility, in particular wheelchair users. Whichever boat you choose to venture out on, you can be assured of experiencing the beautiful and very iconic Kent coastline, fascinating seals or eery Goodwin Sands. All of that combined with an exhilarating close to the water experience that is suitable for everybody. 1.5hrs White Cliffs & Beyond - 1.5hrs Heritage Tour - 2hr Secret Seal Safari - 3hr Goodwin Sands - Private Charter to go wherever you like! Trips available from Easter to Halloween.
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I went on the seal tour in good weather, mainly to get a good look at the White Cliffs, but found the seal colony very enjoyable. James is personable, professional and really knows his stuff about the seals and the local area. His assistant Danni was lovely and just as professional. As it happens, James is the company founder and even though I imagine it is a fun job, I am impressed that the guy that runs the boat owns the boat!
Also, I left my jacket behind in my rush to get the return train. The following day one of the staff took it to the railway company for me so they could bring it back to London before I flew out that night.
Great trip, great customer relations.

All reviews
"great fun"
in 43 reviews
"seals basking"
in 10 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"
in 11 reviews
"deal pier"
in 27 reviews
"hour trip"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Booked for a treat for 3 disabled young adults. Staff were brilliant from arrival to end. The boat crew were great, they trusted our judgement on what we wanted as a small group. They were keen to ensure that each of us enjoyed the experience and pushed our enjoyment to the limit. They continuously communicated with us as to each persons well being. The ride was fast and varied, they made the boat circle spraying water and drove the boat into the waves making the boat "fly" till we all screamed in delight. More companies, attractions should be as disabled friendly as this, access should be for all rearguard less of disability, my daughter has limited mobility and no language but I knew she enjoyed every minute of the multi sensory experience so a very big thank you. We will be re booking again and hope to bring more friends. The photos we took prove that it was worth every penny we paid.

1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Been on the Sea Safari today with my brother Tony and his daughter Naia, what a fantastic experience it was. The sights were great and the fast boat better than a theme park ride. The crew were very professional and courteous, would not hesitate to recommend the trip and did so in the pub afterwards. Been there done it and would do it again.

1  Thank 619Calvin
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Absolutely brilliant, lots of history along the cliffs, stunning views and fun on the bumpy waves. All the family loved it. Plan to go back to do the seal safari trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We originally booked a trip which was cancelled on arrival at the venue. The staff were completely helpful and apologetic, and re booked a new date. We were given the option of a refund, and car parking was paid.
I am glad we re booked because we had a great trip out. The company were very professional with 2 safety briefings, supplying good quality clothing for the trip.
The historical element of the ride was very informative and full of facts, and the fast return was exhilarating!
All in all highly recommended, and thanks to Craig and our "guide"