“Best find in Dover!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dover
Bleriot's Belper House
Ranked #1 of 38 Dover B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Visiting Dover every year, and normally staying at the absolutely fabulous Nr. 1 Guest House, we had to make alternative arrangements on our return from Europe this year. Looking for a good value family room in a B&B, accommodating two adults and two teenagers, I found the 'Bleriot' on-line and liked the name and the look. What a stroke of good luck! From the initial phonecall to our arrival and for the whole stay: you could't find a friendlier and more accommodating host! The en-suite room was spacious, very clean, homely and well equipped. The breakfast was fantastic, huge choice, good value and the friendliest service ever. And a bit of adventure thrown in, by listening to a group of american channel swimmers at one of the other tables, talking about their efforts and achievements. All in all a great place, I just wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I spent just the one night here but hope to come back again to explore more of this part of Kent (especially the castle). The room was very clean and comfortable with a view of the Dour valley and I had no trouble getting a good night's sleep. The breakfast was good with plenty to choose from.

Martin the owner, who was very welcoming, had excellent knowledge of most of the sites around Dover worth visiting and also places to have an evening meal for which the hotel is ideally situated as it just 15 minutes walk down to the centre of Dover itself.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Martin was incredibly hospitable. He provided excellent recommendations for dinner the night we arrived, showed us around our room and greeted us very cheerfully for breakfast the next morning. I also left a valuable in my room by accident and he very kindly searched the room for it and posted it to me without delay. The room for four people was cosy and very clean. Checking in was easy and breakfast was delicious. The location was ideal - not too far from restaurants and the waterfront but also on a quiet street - and there was off-street parking. I'd certainly recommend Bleriot's!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed at Blerioit's for three nights as part of our month long European tour in July. We had just landed in the UK from an overnight trans-atlantic flight and were extremely tired and arriving at Brleriots well before check inn time was no problem at all. Martin, the congenial host, escorted us to a lovely little sitting room while he quickly had our room made ready for us. The room was large enough with a comfortable bed and good linens. Coffee and Tea service in the room was replenished each day and the breakfast that was served each morning was absolutely excellent.

The mark of a good host is not necessarily determined by the absence of problems but the way in which the problem is dealt with. We did have a small maintenance issue in our room while we were there but Martin was very quick to have it rectified and, as a result, it caused almost no inconvenience.

Location was great only a few minutes by cab from Dover Priory in a quiet little residential area. We were even able to walk to Dover Castle through a lovely little park. It is a healthy walk but definitely doable if you have no mobility issues. The walk to and from town was no problem either and Dover has a lovely little pedestrian strip that was fun for shopping and eating.

I highly recommend Bleriot's and hope one day to go back.

Thanks for a great start to our trip Martin, we hope to see you again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4 and had lovely view of Dover Castle.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We had used Bleriot's a couple of years ago and found the whole experience very positive and good value so when we needed to stop over again in July we naturally went back. We were pleased that the room was comfortable and the on-suite, whilst a little cramped, was clean and met our needs. The owner was extremely pleasant and helpful and the breakfast was first class. A great place to stay in Dover.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stopped one night before sailing to France.
A great place to stay, only five minute drive to the port.
The owner is very pleasant and helpful.
Good facilities in the room which was also very clean and comfortable.
We were served a good quality english braekfast to send us on our way.

Would use this again as an overnight stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2013

It's a while since I stayed here with my wife, and my son's family but I still feel moved to write about how superb Bleriot's Guest House really is. At the end of June we were en route to France by car and needed an overnighter in Dover. We chose Bleriot's for it's location and were not disappointed. Literally minutes from the car ferry it proved to be well worth it. Martin was very kind in returning from his dog walk to allow us access earlier than normally allowed. We were shown to our two rooms and my wife and I chose a room on second floor (room 7 I recall) with a great view to Dover Castle. Very clean, very well maintained but no wi-fi here which was a slight disappointment as I had work to complete - I was able to do this in the residents lounge. My son stayed in room 4 which was also spick and span. Martin was very welcoming and took time to talk to us. We had a very peaceful night and woke to enjoy one of the best English breakfasts I have ever eaten, fresh and cooked to order. I will stay here again if I need a room in Dover for sure. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family