“very accomodating”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dover
Bleriot's Belper House
Ranked #1 of 38 Dover B&B and Inns
“very accomodating”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I arrived on a quiet evening and was provided with a room which was more than satisfactory. I was also able to lock my bicycle up in the locked backyard for piece of mind. Very friendly. Would stay again. The bed I slept in was great, although the second (unused) bed in the room was very soft... Didn't bother me.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
Marigny-le-Cahouet
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Bleriot's was a great find. We arrived lateish and Martin was very welcoming. The room was big, the bathroom was big, and the bed was comfortable. Martin gave us good ideas about a pub and restaurants within walking distance from the b&b. Highly recommend this b&b.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I had never been to Dover before and I wasn't sure either the place or the B&B were a good choice for mine and my girlfriend's anniversary - I can just say I've been lucky!
Even before our arrival Martin, the landlord, has shown his helpfulness by turning up with his car and letting us into the room even though it was far before the check-in time. The room itself was big and cozy (and I bet some of them offer a beautiful view of the castle, although that was not our case), with plenty of space for luggage and stuff, and the bathroom cleaned. I loved the breakfast, too: you're offered a choice between traditional or continental breakfast, but nothing prevents you from mixing things up (which is what I did - I ate so much I felt like I could explode!).
The place is just a short walk from all the main attractions in the city (the Castle, the cliffs, the seafront - well, that's probably all, but it's indeed a beautiful place) and the outside of the B&B itself is pretty cute, with a garden and a small gate
Finally, it deserves being pointed out the kindness of the owner and the fantastic service, which are not to be thrown away if you're planning to spend a lovely weekend like I did.
I would suggest this B&B to anyone, even better if you're planning to stay for more than just a weekend. And share the word, because Dover is much more than a crossing point and a harbour and really deserves a visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Niederkruechten, Germany
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed there last year for the second time and it was great. The landlord was helpful and friendly who always ensured that the service was second to none. He was also very good at recommending different places to visit during the day and recommending restaurants at night. The room itself was a good size for a family of four with en-suite facilities and was in a clean, good state. But it was the breakfast that made the stay complete (my wife still talks about it!), a full English cooked to your own preference.
Overall the experience was excellent and I would have no hesitation staying there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Friendly welcome, the landlord is very kind and uncomplicated. He was also very helpful to help us find local shops and other locations. The rooms were very clean and everything is very tidy. It has a homely feel. We stayed 2 nights.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We'd travelled to Dover from London for a quick break away to get away from the city. After circling the town in the rain after nearly being blown off the cliffs on a freakishly windy day we were tired and starting to lose hope of finding anywhere half decent to stay. We stumbled on Bleriot's by chance after a wrong turn. Turns out we struck gold. The building itself is beautiful and steeped in history. The award winning 'landlady' Martin was a genuinely warm and welcoming host with a wealth of knowledge about the area and it's highlights. He recommended an excellent restaurant and a quirky ale house which provided us with a lovely night out (we even saw him out and had a beer with him). The room was clean and functional, with tea, coffee and TV. It was a little dated and the bed was slightly uncomfortable, but all in all it was a pleasant experience with a well cooked breakfast in the morning. Highly recommended if you need somewhere that goes above and beyond in Dover.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jadiejuju
bleriots, Owner at Bleriot's Belper House, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Hi, I'm very pleased you enjoyed your visit to Dover and your stay with us and thank you very much for the 'struck gold' heading and excellent review. Thank you as well for your constructive comment about the 'slightly uncomfortable' bed which I have since replaced.
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Returning every year to Dover, we are staying at Bleriots every single time and we never intended changing. Very warmly and welcoming owner, calm and nice situated, clean and comfortable rooms, very nice breakfast made by the owners wife... what do you need else? big like!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends