“Highly recommended”

The Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 170 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

We visited this restaurant based on the tripadvisor reviews and a recommendation from one of the staff at a local visitor attraction, and we were pleased we had. We were a little intimidated by the a la carte menu (we're not used to a la carte dining, but had to choose from that menu to get the tastecard discount) but we persevered and made our choices, the slow braised pork and the tarragon chicken. The food was beautifully presented, beautifully cooked and very tasty, although the portions were a little small if you have a large appetite (they were fine for us). The desserts were equally well presented and beautifully cooked.
The restaurant is in a great seafront position and our table had a harbour view, from where we could watch the cross channel ferries entering and leaving the port.
The service was excellent from start to finish and the food was reasonably prices even without the tastecard discount. We would definitely go back if we are in the area.

• Visited November 2013
sven n, Manager at The Waterfront Restaurant, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback on your last stay, this is very much appreciated.

What lovely comments, I'm glad that we were able to give you a excellent dining experience.

We have just released our exciting new a la carte menu for this season with some new mouthwatering dishes! If you are ever in the area again your critique is warmly welcomed.

Kindest Regards,

Food&Beverage Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
dover
“Afternoon tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

We had afternoon tea last week , took my wife's mum &Dad .
Excellent service , excellent cakes & sandwichs , first class hotel .
Price was ok , for what we had . Lovely place.
We live in Dover , and pop in now and again .
Great experience every time .
People of our dying town please use it or lose it !

2 Thank gary v
Dear Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your last visit with us for Afternoon Tea.
and for the kind sentiments contained therein.

I will pass these comments onto the team here as they always the appreciate your feedback.

We are really proud of our Afternoon Tea and the experience that comes with it and I'm delighted you had a great time, and its always nice to keep the in-laws happy!

I'm sure we will see you again,

Kindest Regards,

Gibraltar
“Great views, a great Hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

This is a very friendly Hotel, used to be called the Churchill Hotel but now is owned by 'Best Western' Group.
on the Sea Front with great views of the Docks and Cruise Terminal.

Dear Guest,

I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us on your last visit to Dover.

We are in deed very lucky to be situated in such a beautiful location.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels and look forward to your next visit.

Kind Regards

Colchester, United Kingdom
“Bar food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed in the hotel and although we stayed for 3 nights we wanted to try food from different places. So we only ate here once, but the food we had was very nice, nothing i would shout about, but good.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback on your last visit to us, I am glad you enjoyed your meal with us in the Waterfront Bar.

Chef and my team have been working very hard to create an even better Bar Menu to be released for this season with more exciting dishes that I really believe will be a hit with our guests.

I hope we see you again soon,

Kind Regards,

Food&Beverage Manager
Deal, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal here with friends. The service was perfect it reminded me of a 5 star cruise liner. Decor and ambience just right, view over the harbour with sun shining made the experience even more enjoyable. The food, although not great in portion size, was excellent with an incorrectly cooked steak being replaced almost immediately. What made the meal even better was the fact they take the "Tastecard" this reducing your food bill by 50%!
I would highly recommend.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your last visit to us. I am glad you enjoyed your meal with your friends and the service surpassed your expectations.

I will ensure your feedback is passed onto the team as I know they will appreciate your kind sentiments.

We have just released our new exciting a la carte menu, you should definitely come give it a go and share your feedback! remember to bring your tastecard!

Once again, thank you for your feedback it is very much appreciated