“Cancelled Tours at Last Minute!”

Dover White Cliff Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Dover White Cliff Tours offers sight seeing tours in and around Dover. Take a novelty 40 minute boat ride around Dover's bay, on a historical wooden boat built in 1935. On the trip you will receive a commentary from the captain and any children who want to will be invited up to steer the boat. Or take a short bus ride up into Dover's Cliffs to see some amazing hidden history: St Martin's gun battery (WWII defensive structure), the Drop Redoubt (one of the biggest Napoleonic fortifications in Europe), Dover's historic town and much more; all with a running commentary. Get the chance to stand on the white cliffs and walk off into the sun.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Traverse City, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Cancelled Tours at Last Minute!”
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I booked a boat and minibus tour with this company for 14:00 on 15September 2011. I called the day before to verify the tours were happening. We left Dover Castle early to be at the tour on time. Five minutes before the scheduled departure a man came off the tour boat and said all tours were cancelled. No explanation just the tours are cancelled. The weather was beautiful and the seas were calm. Minibus tours were cancelled as well.

When I talked to him on the 14th, everything was a "GO". I am now not only disappointed, but also, angry. We could have spent more time at Dover Castle which is a fabulous attraction with lots of interesting activities. I left to honor my 2:00 committment only to be cancelled.

Visited September 2011
4 Thank YogaRuth

Lydd, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Boat Tour”
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We arrived at the querky Quayside Cafe and enjoyed a nice cup of tea with a lovely view of all the boats in the marina, lots of pictures old and new to look while we waited to board the boat. Once on the boat we had a great trip with very informitive commentry and all the children were invited to steer the boat, learnt alot about the history of Dover and got to see the great white cliffs whilst listening to Vera Lynn's classic song, fantastic, would recommend to anyone old or young, extremely freindly and helpful staff and Capt Richard and his local knowledge made this trip unforgettable, great day.

Visited August 2011
uk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Dover White cliff Tours”
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Hi,

I went for a sail around Dover harbour with Dover White Cliff Tours and it was excellent . The commentary was super- very informative and amusing. the children on the boat had a field day as they were allowed to "help the captain steer the boat" and at the end were presented with a lovely certificate.

Bicycle hire and tours around the country side are also available but I didn't try these because I didn't have enough time.

5 Thank atsingapore