“Watch out for the Brothers!”
Review of Dickens Corner

Dickens Corner
Ranked #9 of 13 Coffee & Tea in Dover
Jupiter, Florida
“Watch out for the Brothers!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a lovely pub with nice staff, unfortunately the 5 customers that were in there were drunk and unruly and this was in the early afternoon. They were quite intimidating at times, so much so that we had one drink and left. The only reason that I could think of as to why they weren't kicked out is that in this depressed down, they might have been their only customers. it really is a shame.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lori W

London, United Kingdom
“Pretty poor”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Went there as it looked nice, open planned and clean, . Ordered the full english breakfast, and was disappointed to say the least. The only things that were actually cooked by the person who served me were the toast and the egg. Everything else was reheated via the microwave. The sausage, bacon and beans were mediocre in both taste and in texture. The latte was nothing special, again mediocre.
Would I go there again? Probably not, as there does seem to be a few cafes in the town area, so I would probably try somewhere else. The toilets are located on the 3rd floor of the building which makes it quite difficult for the elderly and or disabled.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank kpze1
Thame, United Kingdom
“Good coffee, but very noisy”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Popped in for a coffee, which was very good. However, they have a coffee roasting machine on the ground floor, which I imagine is supposed to add to the rustic charm and authenticity, but actually is just very noisy. Not unhappy to finish my coffee and go somewhere quieter. (I guess it was probably more peaceful upstairs.)

• Visited October 2013
Sofia, Grad Sofiya, Bulgaria
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

It was a rainy day. I interrupted my city tour and decided to take a coffee in "Dickens Corner". The staff was polite and patient, the maneger selected a special cake for me - without eggs because I can not eat eggs for health reasons. I drank tea, led travel notes, photographed the interior of the cafe. I got a very good feeling from this place - it was my first touch with Dickens in UK.

• Visited October 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Ok.”
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

Came here with a friend for a piece of cake. Was very average verging on poor. My cake was very dry around the edges. As if it had been drying out in the counter for a while. The middle was nice that's why I'm giving it an average because having said it was dry, the bit that wasnt was very tasty. Service just ok but not bad.

• Visited September 2013