“Outstanding Café, very nice owners”
Review of Cafe Melange

Cafe Melange
Get food delivered
Ranked #4 of 158 Restaurants in Dover
Price range: £4 - £8
Description: Cafe Melange is a unique coffee shop in the heart of Kent that allows visitors to experience experience in patisseries, alongside hot & cold beverages, in a relaxing environment.
Reviewed 28 August 2023

This is an excellent Café, one of the best that I have ever visited. Clean, well decorated, excellent background music with a superb menu. I had the mushroom omelette with sauté potatoes. Lovely omelette very tasty, crispy potatoes and the side salad had a delicious dressing. Good Americano coffee. Bottle of supplied on table. Rafik worked front of house, he was fast, competent and very polite. His wife Nadjia cooked all the food in the kitchen on her own (daughter had the day off), her work rate was most impressive and to the highest standard. The prices on the menu are very reasonable. My only regret is that I live in Gloucester and Dover is a bit to far regular visits.
Thanks to them both for an excellent meal.

1  Thank Arbalest
Cafè Mèlange, Owner at Cafe Melange, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2023

Thank you for your feedback, it was our pleasure serving you, and very pleased that you enjoyed your visit

Reviewed 24 August 2023

We have recently been to Cafe Melange for breakfasts and yesterday for lunch. The cafe has a warm and relaxing feel to it with great music too. The food is the best in Dover by far! Great quality and beautifully cooked. The owners are lovely people and it's now our number one place to go for coffee's, breakfast and lunch. Well worth a visit!

1  Thank lol19860

Thank you for your feedback, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit

Reviewed 17 August 2023

I went here for lunch, because I'd read some good reviews about it. I say lunch, by then it was mid afternoon, and the narrow cafe was quiet.

I asked for lasagne, but the diffident guy in charge said they'd sold out, so I looked at the menu again and chose peri peri chicken. Thought I knew what that would be like, as I've been to Nando's. But, oh my, it wqs nothing like Nando's--it was in a totally different class.

I began with a tea, which came in a nice teapot. Perfect.

I waited a while for the food to arrive, for, as I soon foung out, it was being lovingly prepared. It had obviously been home cooked, not slung out of a pack. That meal proved absolutely fantastic.

It came piping hot in a big, high-sided plate. The piece of chicken was tasty in itself but was covered in a rich, dark-brown sauce. Next to it was a generous portion of cauliflower cheese--made with mozzarella, I think. The plate was set off with a serving of large, orange-coloured, chunky chips. The three components balanced each other perfectly. (There was also a pot of garlic sauce, which I left). It was one of best meals I've had all year.

When I went up to pay (£14 with the tea), the lady who cooked it came out of the kitchen and asked if I'd liked it. You'll only get that when a chef really cares their work. I guess she was the wife of the man. I said it was excellent, especially as I'd been hungry. The guy said, "We make it from fresh". I said I could tell. "That was restaurant-level food, not cafe food," I said.

I hope this review shows why Cafe Melange is a bit special. Don't miss it.

Date of visit: July 2023
1  Thank Beswetherick
Cafè Mèlange, Owner at Cafe Melange, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2023

Thank you for your kind feedback, we hope to see you soon again

Reviewed 15 August 2023 via mobile

This cafe has fantastic food, absolutely the best coffee in Dover and you always get friendly & charming service from the owners

1  Thank Ross M
Reviewed 1 August 2023 via mobile

Great little place for breakfast or lunch. Family owned, quick and friendly service. Tried to go again the next day but it closed at 4PM before we got there.

Date of visit: July 2023