“Banquet night”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Lots of food, (so not sure why previous reviewer said not enough?) Lovely spicy curry for hubby and milder one for our 11 year old and I. Excellent value as banquet night, under 35 with drinks. Great service too, our fave curry house!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Food was lovely, as usual. However, given I am a regular here, the portion size served was disgustingly very little, in all half of what you normally get. When complained, they didn't want to know. They said it was normal. After trying to reason with them, they kept saying its normal and just point blank refused to accept they had only given me half of what should have been served! . If this was my first time here, i'd never have know and, trust me, would never have returned.

Given that I am a regular you would have thought that they would have accepted what I was saying, but obviously not!

Will NOT be returning here again. There are other Indians in the area, one equally as good, so one thinks that will their regular place now.

3  Thank Gillian S
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Great service, food was spot on , just what we wanted.
price was very good, but went to use my tastecard , but they said they dont take it anymore , but tastecard still says it does ! so they need to sort that out .
Will come back again .

1  Thank gary v
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

You will not find better Indian food at this price anywhere. We have been several times, always enjoy it and have never been disappointed. The food is first class with an excellent chef who always comes out to ask if you have enjoyed your meal, no matter how busy he is. The staff are lovely and can't do enough for you - thank you Dannii for looking after us so well on Sunday evening - relaxed venue perfect for a birthday celebration and they will even bring the cake out and sing you Happy Birthday.

I don't know what the other reviewers expect for their money but they need a reality check - this is a basic restaurant selling five star food with five star service and all of that with change from £10 per person???

We will be back again and again and again and have recommended you to everyone we know !

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Having read other reviews on Trip Advisor I wanted to add a comment about India House. We were in Dover for the evening and looked on Trip Advisor for restaurant recommendations. We chose India House and had a great time. The staff were really friendly and helpful. We were left alone to talk with friends - which we clearly wanted to do, and were not rushed through ordering or eating our meal. We had vegetarian and non vegetarian meals and the food was very good.Each meal was really tasty and overall the value was excellent. If you're after reasonably priced, great meal
I'd highly recommend it.