“Friendly and convenient”

Dovers Restover Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #21 of 38 Dover B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 October 2012

We stayed at the Restover for nearly six weeks while visiting Britain. Everyone we met there was very friendly. The room was clean, tidy and suitable for our needs. The breakfasts were excellent. The owner (George) was friendly, approachable and adapable. The B&B is conveniently situated, being minutes walk from the Town Centre and Docks, opposite the Railway Station and has two busstops just outside. We can highly recommend the Restover and would stay there again on our next visit to Dover.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Dovers Restover Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 4 October 2012

The B&B is located just in front of the station so is very simple to find.
White cliffs are about 10 minutes by car or taxi (that costs less than 10£).
In any case, every kind of questions is answered by George and his kind family!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Bonetz
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stayed at Dover's restover prior to catching the ferry for our holiday to France.
The owner provided us with a very warm welcome (even warning us of the wet paint on the stairs!) and the triple room we booked was comfortable, clean and remarkable quiet considering we were in the front room looking onto the road.
The following morning we enjoyed a lovely cooked breakfast with our little boy (who normally doesn't easily eat breakfast) being provided with a boiled egg and soldiers at no cost which was unexpected but very welcome!
All in all, a great and welcoming place to stay, ideally placed for the Dover ferries. One point worth mentioning is that parking may be limited as, although we found on road free parking opposite, we obtained the last place having arrived in the evening. Another point is that it isn't necessarily made clear (depending on where you book) that the breakfast isn't included in the room cost although worth the extra £6 each!
thanks!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Really friendly reception from the owner. Room was well equipped and comfortable if a little cramped and dated. Fantastic breakfast in a friendly and informal environment.
Just minutes from the ferry port it was far better than a characterless travelodge or premier - I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andy S
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I only stayed one night on 7 July 2012 after travelling from London on train. Dovers Restover B& B was ideal for me as I was travelling by myself and it was a short walk for me with a large suitcase (30kg), carry on and another bag. It was less than 100yds from Dover Priory station and would have taken less than 5 minutes except for my luggage!!!! I was able to leave my bags until my room was ready and walk to Dover shopping centre for lunch.
When I arrived back my bags had been taken up to my room!! My room had a great view and met all my needs including watching Wimbledon on the TV!!!!
Breakfast next morning was really nice.There were other travellers and everyone was very friendly. I was able to leave my bags and walk to Dover Castle before boarding my ship at 1pm.
Will stay here again!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank MargKR208
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Pros: Friendly B&B, nice location, very clean room (except of the lamp) and very clean bathroom. Everything nicely decorated, perfect temperature in the room and very comfortable bed indeed!

Cons: I didn’t really feel value for money. Entrance doors and the doors to the bathroom were noisy. Another disappointment was shaking furniture when somebody next door was walking around; breakfast could be better. I am not sure, but there was a note about an extra 3£ charge for credit card payments, I believe the customer should be informed about any additional costs before.

In general, a nice and friendly place. For a young couple I’d advise check other places as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anna K
Reviewed 2 August 2012

This place was fabulous. Great location near the train location and close to the city center. It was clean, the owner very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was fantastic. Definitely stay here when you are in Dover. The ferry terminal was a short taxi ride from the B&B. Will stay here again when vacationing in England.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family