“nice stay at cosy BB with very helpfull staff”

Dovers Restover Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #21 of 38 Dover B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 August 2013

we had a nice 3 night stay in this family-arrangement of 2 joined rooms, and being just across the train station we had very easy access to the London train. Also close to the town and beach area, without being too close for noice disturbance.

Room Tip: excellent 5-people arrangement with adjacent rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 July 2013

we stayed one night prior to joining a cruise. What a delightful place. Friendly and helpful host, George, went out of his way to assist us. The room is clean and fresh - the linen is immaculate. Tea and coffee with yummy biscuits also provided. George gave good advice about where to have our evening meal - he asked what style of food we like and then made 3 appropriate suggestions. Next morning he provided a map of Dover and suggested ways to spend our time, He was happy for us to leave our cases and he arranged a time when he would return so we could collect the luggage - he called a cab and took the cases down the steps for us.

And breakfast was fantastic too - freshly cooked to each person's order. Thank you. Next time we sail from Dover we will be back

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank CruiseaholicCheshire
Reviewed 17 July 2013

George goes out of his way to make your stay enjoyable. He carried our suitcases to our room. Breakfast was excellent and served on time. To our top-floor room, we had to climb 47 steps from the sidewalk. The room was small but comfortable. The location was good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2013

WE had been here the third time now - for is it the first choice when coming to Dover.

WE got very time are warm welcome (Thank you George once more).

Service is exzellent and we got good advice what to da in Dover.

Parking is always possible in Front of the Hotel at the street.

WE had three lovely stays now - whenever WE will come to Dover we will Book once more

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rolfk103
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I booked a triple room through bookings.com. Once the booking had been confirmed and paid for I realised that breakfast wasn't included. We arrived there today to book in (around 2 pm) and read a note on the door that check in was at 4 pm? I have travelled through many countries and stayed in dozens of different accommodation and I have never checked in so late.
We took one look at the triple room and walked out and this is why.
The double bed mattress was rock hard.
The pillows were lumpy old and flat, and we had 1 each.
The room was tiny, there was no room for our luggage.
The so called bath towel was about the size of a hand towel and was stained.
The so called parking was almost on a 90 degree angle up the driveway, and the next guest would have to park behind therefore blocking you in.
There is nowhere to sit except on your bed in the room, no lounge to relax in before going out.
I would call this place a back packers not a bed and breakfast and I was really disappointed as I had thought I had reviewed it really well.
I am not a fussy person but I don't like being deceived, I worked for the Scottish tourist board as a hotel inspector many years ago and I do know what standards are acceptable and this place would only just pass the most basic accommodation rating, my advice to the owner is to spend some money on decent bedding and mattresses, and not to advertise accommodation for 3 adults when the room can't contain that amount.
I lost the 80 pounds I paid for the triple room as it was non refundable, don't get caught out like I did,

Room Tip: If you want a good room go elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I stayed at the restover for one night only, it was a little expensive but it is definitely a good choice in Dover. It is really convenient since it is really close to the ferry station and breakfast is provided, the hotel looks a old but well maintained, breakfast was very good and so was the service.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2013

The location is superb for travelers making their way to Dover from overnight flights to London's airports--across the street from the Dover Priory train station. The room was clean, convenient, and comfortable and, despite the fact that it was May (this is England, after all) we had heat in the room in the evening.
The breakfast was more than adequate.
George was especially helpful, making sure we got a ground floor room which, although it faced the street, was quiet all night. He directed us to town for dinner, and arranged for us to meet another couple in order to share a taxi to board our ship.
I am happy to recommend this B&B to travelers.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple