“White Cliffs Geo Tours”

White Cliffs Geo Tours
Ranked #3 of 4 Tours in Dover
More attraction details
Owner description: East Kent tours that are designed to be different. To provide visitors with a new view of the landscape and the history of this portion of the garden of England. To show customers a unique insight into the countryside of East Kent and understanding of how geology and history has formed this corner of England. We can also arrange specialist tours, for those wishing to explore the geology of East Kent in much greater detail.
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our tour with Les and Simona. We immediately felt as if they were long-time friends as soon as they met us at the cruise terminal. We were very impressed with their knowledge of the area and willingness to adapt the tour to our interests. In the 6 hours we were with them, we learned a great deal about the geology of the area, the importance of the area in World War II, and the importance of Dover in today's transportation. This was combined with visits to several quaint villages and lunch at a historic inn. Throughout, this was a totally enjoyable day - a good mix of history, geology, and great sightseeing. Our tour was a private tour with just the two of us with Les and Simona. I understand they conduct small group tours if requested in advance.

1  Thank Jecklecat
All reviews
"private tour"
in 7 reviews
in 9 reviews
"dover area"
in 4 reviews
"extremely knowledgeable about the area"
in 2 reviews
in 15 reviews
in 3 reviews
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I can not begin to express my gratitude for Les and Simona at White Cliff's Geo Tours. We were able to set up the trip several months in advance and as advertized it was incredibly personalized. I am a science teacher and my friend is an English teacher. Les was able to combine our interests into a lovely morning tour which showed off both the geology and history that I craved as well as her literary ones. Additionally, my friend and I were coming all the way from Oxford for the morning of our trip and were unable to stop and store our luggage. For a small fee, Les and Simona were happy to store our luggage for us which was incredibly helpful as after our tour with them we wanted to see the WWII exhibits under Dover castle which also has no luggage storage. After our castle visit, Les and Simona even made themselves available for to pick us up from the castle. I have never quite experienced something so personalized and wonderful.

My friend and I were surprised as we traveled throughout the UK how shocked people were that we were traveling specifically to visit Dover... apparently not very many people go there unless it is for making the trip across the channel. My friend and I found that not only was Dover a beautiful seaside town in which we wished we had more time to spend... but were also sad to find out that not many travel guides include it. I personally plan to write to my favorite travel guru and tell him so. Dover is a beautiful seaside town and a must see if you are looking for something personalized WHITE CLIFFS GEO TOURS are the people to make it happen! Many many continued thanks and accolades extended to Les and Simona. Thanks for the experiences!

2  Thank quinnringo
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Most tours have a set schedule of places to visit. I think my favorite part of this tour was that fact that White Cliffs Geo Guides were willing to take us wherever we wanted and change the schedule at the last minute.
We came off a Baltic Cruise, and Dover, England was the last stop. When we met Simona/Richard, I pleaded, “Please – no more castles or churches”. Of course, our first stop was the White Cliffs of Dover. On a whim, and based upon what we wanted, they took us on a tiny dirt road to the famous Lighthouse you see up on the hill (other tour groups wont take your right up to the lighthouse because it is a road that is too tiny for tour buses, and it is full of potholes). We ate lunch in Kingston at a Pub right on the beach. Next we went through the smuggling town of Deal and onto Sandwich where we had Cream Tea and Scones and of course some Ale. I definitely want to visit Sandwich again – what a quaint little town. In fact, I think it was my favorite places on the entire tour!
Either way, the fact that Simona and Richard were so accomodating to our wishes was wonderful.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

My husband and I went on a tour of Dover, Deal, and Canterbury in April 2013. When we booked the trip, we expected to be on a large tour with many people. Imagine our surprise and delight when we learned it was a private tour! Les was extremely knowledgeable about the area and it's geology, and was able to answer all our questions. He also tailored our tour to our specific interests, and brought us to several locations that were off the beaten path. We saw a recent cliff fall from the white cliffs, a beautiful historic lighthouse, Canterbury, and more. To top it off, it was very reasonably priced. If you are looking for a tour near Dover, you absolutely should go with the White Cliffs geo tours.

1  Thank BostonRedSox34