“Tasty!!!!”
Review of Costa Coffee

Costa Coffee
Ranked #13 of 15 Coffee & Tea in Dover
Reviewed 8 April 2014

For a cafe chain they make very good coffee. The Tatse of the coffee is better than at Starbucks. The staff tried their best satisfy me. The price / performance ratio is very good. The taste of Costa Coffee, the amount in the glass, makes the price well worth.

I Love Costa Coffee. I hope that we will get soon more branches in Germany soon.

4  Thank andi76ag

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Come on people be fair. Don't get obsessed by the unclean tables, it proves how popular the place is. If it's as bad as you say why is it always full up. I love the coffee, yes the food is overpriced, but then you know that so don't eat here if you want cheap because as another review said there are great spoons down the road. Service is slow in the morning and folk do get fed up with that but it's because it's so popular, and it's so popular because it's largely good.

1  Thank Dirtbag7
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I visited Costa Friday morning for breakfast, there were several tables occupied, but more tables were empty of customers, it was very off putting to see every table had at least one dirty cup on it. There was only one person ahead of us in the queue, so it wasn't particularly busy!
I had a latte and a cheese and ham toastie. The food and drink were nice, but having to clear a table whilst the staff watched was irritating. As I had my young son with me some help with the tray would also have been appreciated but was not offered.

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

I'm a regular visitor to this costa and have always found it to be clean and tidy. The staff are very friendly and the drinks fabulous.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Dover Costa is really no different from any other Costa in Britain. The food and drinks are good, but not great. The staff are usually helpful, but not exactly friendly and welcoming either. Often spillages on tables can go unnoticed and/or uncleaned. There aren't enough staff to deal with the mid-day rush. The usual things.

Once, when in Costa with my friends, I bought a Coke. Upon opening it, the contents exploded everywhere. It had been on a tray since we bought it, so it was not us who had shaken it up (though it appeared this was beyond shaking), however the staff offered me a free replacement. Despite this, the mess remained uncleaned. Also, I will add, that the brownies and muffins sold by Costa are actually very good, especially for a big chain.

In Dover, there are a lot of better places however, where you can get better food, better drinks and better service for a fraction of the price of Costa. For those unaware, Costa employs the same pricing techniques as Starbucks to drive their competitors out of business, and in Dover it appears not to have worked as there is still a wide selection. I don't usually drink coffee, one of Costa's main drawing points, yet my girlfriend recommends Chaplins in Dover for their coffee - which is both nicer tasting and cheaper than Costa's.