“Great Service! Great Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Happy Fryer

The Happy Fryer
Ranked #119 of 170 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: Fast food, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: superb fish and chips and many other things. The postcode is CT16 1DF and the phone number is 01304 206 644
Dover, United Kingdom
“Great Service! Great Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Always a great selection ready to go, super friendly staff and great quality food... if you are looking for a quick takeway bite to eat, I highly reccomend!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Ryan J

Dover, England, United Kingdom
“Dirty greasy terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Ordered food over the phone, an hour later food came to the door and was paid for. The meat in the kebabs were frozen, the chips were greasy and the general smell and look of the food was disgusting. We phoned the owner who stated we were his 1st delivery and was nothing wrong with the food, he promptly slammed the phone down on me, We called again and another member of staff offered a full refund, we packed all the food together and within the hour was refunded. Will never ever touch food from this place ever again and ask people to give it a wide berth. Total rubbish, greasy dirty and rude staff...

Visited February 2014
Dover, United Kingdom
“Dreadful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Years ago this was a great chippy. Now, the food is awful, the service is mediocre at best. It seems to make a living because it is in the centre-ish of town near a couple of venues but goodness knows how, as it is so awful. I note that the police in the cop shop opposite used to use the place years ago but don't seem to bother much any more. A waste of a once-good chippy. I wouldn't use it now if you paid me.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank bernxx
River, United Kingdom
“Do not go here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Unfortunately i have made a few mistakes by going here because it's round the corner from my sister-in-laws place. I'll stick to my regular chippy in the future even if i have to walk into town to get it. Staff are very friendly though.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Catherine H
DOVER KENT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yuck!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Currently sitting on my kitchen side. Untouched. The dogs even chose a bone over the meal.

Burger1. The bun was rock hard on the top, even black where it was burnt. The salad was just thrown together, I wasn't sure if it was a burger or someone had just thrown up in the carton, placed a bun on top and wrapped it. The bottom bun puzzled me, it was half hard and half soggy.

Burger2. It was so squishy I felt like draining it. Unsure if it was 100% beef or 90% water. Either way it was like mashed beef.

Wouldn't buy from again. Wanted a take out so we could chill and watch a film, now money down and cooking dinner.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jemma P

Been to The Happy Fryer? Share your experiences!