“Good sandwich bar” 4 of 5 bubbles

Amarillo's
Ranked #46 of 169 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A very good and clean sandwich bar in the center of Dover.
Dover, United Kingdom
“Good sandwich bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Use regularly, both for bacon baps at breakfast time, and sandwiches for lunch.

Delicious good value food, good choice of bread and fillings. Salad boxes available.

Local Sandwich caterer for the Orient Express according to certificates inside.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DesdinovaUK

Boston, Massachusetts
“Cheap, quick, and surprisingly tasty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We popped in here on a morning before heading to the Dover Transport Museum. We ordered a fried egg and crispy bacon bap and a sausage bap and both were very good and filling considering how simple they were! We were the only ones there on the Saturday morning but the service was quick (take-away) and I think we paid about £4.50 for both which is a bargain in our books!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PszczolkaM
Kent
“Amerillos is reliable, great food and delivery service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

We have used Amerillo's to deliver to our business in the marina for the last 3 years, their food is consistently good, always fresh tasting and good value for money, they do a great breakfast roll and sandwiches are very good too, delivery service is fast and reliable, I would highly recommend.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank coastalrides
Dover, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

I used this sandwich/salad bar a while ago and it was good. The rolls were well filled, the salads tasty and the service happy and well presented. At that time I actually tried to persuade colleagues to use it as a takeaway service at lunchtime. When I used it again this morning after an absence it was deeply disappointing. The girl who took my order was clearly not listening, and was distracted by the more pressing need to slice tomatoes. To slice them so thin you could see her through them if she held them up in front of her. Ditto the cucumber. The salads looked tired, even though they had probably been prepared that morning. The service was non-existent - the girl who served me didn't bother to listen and failed to add all the fillings I asked for, didn't ask what kind of bread I wanted and just slapped it all into a tatty white baguette which when I came to eat it was dry and tasted stale. This got slapped into a paper bag. It looked unappealing right from the start and I did not feel I was getting a "good customer experience"!
I realise there must be other pressures such as preparing for the lunchtime run, but this was before 09.30, and surely customers are customers wherever they come from. I have some local work for a while and intended to use this place for my lunchtime carry-outs, possibly breakfasts if I had an early start, and was intending to suggest them to colleagues but will not be doing any of those. The experience was so depressing I will not be using them again at all. If this was just a bad day, then good luck to them. That is not what it looked like.

• Visited August 2012