“"Great food,ale and atmosphere"”
Review of The Red Lion

The Red Lion
Ranked #41 of 174 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Popped into the Red Lion for food and drink on a Sunday. The food and drink was exellent. Ended up having a drink with locals which turned into a awsome evening.

2  Thank Russell H

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Visit the red lion on many occasions for a drink or for food !! very welcoming pub with great staff !! summer time in the garden or winter time in front if the open fire !! love this place ! highly recommend

2  Thank Simon S
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Went to the Red Lion on a Saturday night for a leaving do. Food was excellent, I had steak; lovely with all the trimmings. The onion rings are to die for! The rest of our party commented on how good the food was. A great selection, really well cooked and excellent value for money. Will go back and would certainly recommend a visit.

1  Thank Shirley A
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Has to be the best rump steak and chips for miles around. Stopped in on Saturday night with friends for a meal. Relaxed and friendly service. Superb steak cooked to perfection and washed down with a pint of London Pride. Excellent value too.

Barry, Vancouver Canada

1  Thank Sharon M
Reviewed 7 August 2013

So my husband and I went for a meal at The Red Lion in Dover tonight and I can honestly say it was the best meal we had both had in a long time. It was all fresh and homemade and was presented beautiful. I had minted lamb (so tender and juicy) and a lemon tart for dessert (omg! Melt in your mouth) and my husband had BBQ ribs which just slid off the bone. And the chips (The best I have ever tasted). Service with a friendly smile and great value, all washed down with a nice cool beer! We will be returning next week for the delicious food and beer and wonderful atmosphere! Thank you Red Lion, all A* from us.

3  Thank Jones596