“Excellent”

Ranked #11 of 38 Dover B&B and Inns
Chatillon, France
“Excellent”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Excellent choice. We stayed 3 weeks in the UK and did not find a better B&B. Lovely room, very spacious and such a nice smell (aromatherapy). Ideal for families with children. Excellent home cooked breakfast. Good location, safe, and possible to park a car safely. I can recommend this place definitevely.

Room Tip: Very calm room, spacious. Have a go! You won't regret it.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandra T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed at a charming Bed and Breakfast one night in June which was owned and operated by Michael and Beverly Pirie in Dover, Kent CT17 OSY. This is an elegant home, offering to me a downstairs room with all the comforts of a top rated hotel. It had an incredible beautiful large private bathroom, brochures on Dover for the taking, elegant bed linens, a private entrance and the host, Michael invited me to enjoy their gardens and brought me a fantastic cup of tea while I awaited briefly the departing guests as I had arrived early. This was a beautiful serene spot, and the host suggested nearby restaurants and directions for my walk-about Dover as I had by-passed the town arriving by a cab at the Bed and Breakfast from the Dover Cruise dock. In the morning there was a full breakfast awaiting me and my choice of tea or coffee. My host went above and beyond in friendliness and welcoming to Dover as well as helping me with my very heavy suitcase to the awaiting cab which would take me to London. This is a Bed and Breakfast that I would highly recommend to anyone who would prefer to take the time to see Dover and its beauty and not just pass through on their way to or from the cruise ship.

Room Tip: My room was with a private door and key for my coming and going and Michael Pirie would be the exper...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank clondres
Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2012

This tiny B&B has two rooms, a double with its own entrance - and its own key - and a smaller room facing ghe garden. I stayed in the double, which has the most beautiful en suite I have ever seen. Everything is of the highest standard, the bed with its egyptian cotton bedlinen is perfect.

The welcome i received from Michael when i staggered in, late on a cold wet night, was so kind and thoughtful - a glass of wine and a tasty snack, then Michael left me to enjoy the warmth and comfort of the room, and a hot bath in the impeccably clean and well appointed en suite.

Everything is geared to their guests and their comfort and pleasure.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Stella Q
Phuket Town, Thailand
Reviewed 1 December 2012

My wife and I booked for one night and ended up staying for two! Didn't think there was much to see except for the white cliffs, we were so wrong. Still more to see so will have to come back again Michael. 299 London road is a little gem of a B&B. warm cosy room, comfy bed. Flat screen tv. All the little extras that set one b & b apart from another such as tea, coffee and hot chocolate in the room, a great selection of DvdS if you want to stay in on a cold winter night, a good selection of restaurants and pubs within walking distance (reasonable prices as well) and to start the day a full (English) breakfast. The only drawback would be that there is only on street parking but the positives far out way this one little negative. I can truly say "superb" and we'll d one to michael and Beverly. 5** Miro

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I visited 299 London Road on August- vacationing around Europe in hotels was starting take a toll on me, they were nice but I wanted more home like feel while in Dover. I came across this lovely place while doing my research in airbnb and believe me, it was the best decision I made during the whole trip.
Bev came to my rescue to pick me up at the cruise terminal , calling it a rescue as it was my first time in Dover and it was a good feeling to have someone around to welcome me.
During my 3 days stay there I had a great time! My very friendly hosts Micheal and Bev were helpful and assisted me in my tour around Dover. House had all the facilities that I would find in mine in Hong Kong and breakfast was YUMMM! The house had a very vintage decor similar to mine in HK and I felt like being back home. By the end of 3rd day I had become very good friends with Bev and Micheal - it was kind of sad to leave but I had to. :)
On my way to Paris I promised myself that I would definitely visit 299 while I am in UK next time again...
Thank you for your hospitality- I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at your very beautiful home.

I will definitely be back for more...

Avi

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Canisy, France
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Fantastic weekend in Dover, made all the better by 299 London road. Was advised to stay here by a friend and I was definitely impressed. Where to start... They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I think Michael and Beverly take this motto to heart. Full English, sorted me out and put me in the right stead for a day sightseeing by foot.
The accomodation is nicely located, spotless, comfortable, quaint- while still having all the mod cons and most importantly hospitable. It felt like a home away from home and for that i am truly grateful.
I will be back, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Guido - South Africa

Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I only spent a couple of nights here and wan't expecting too much but was really pleased to stay at this place - a real gem! Very comfortable and spotlessly clean. Michael served a brilliant breakfast and he went out of his way to make sure I was happy. Beverly is a champion too, she helped me get organised. I'll be using this place whenever business brings me back to Dover.

Thanks Michael and Beverly