“Brunch”
Review of Illy Cafe

Illy Cafe
Ranked #7 of 18 Coffee & Tea in Dover
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for a late breakfast. Great service,value and food! Vegetarian breakfast was delicious and massive for how much it cost

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Have walked past this little cafe many times and it always seemed pleasant enough. So when, this afternoon, my friend who has been here many times suggested we go there for a bite to eat and a drink I decided to give the place a try.

Place was clean, staff were friendly, all seemed good. Menu was relatively cheap, and had a wide drink selection - including Turkish beer! Large portions of cake were served, very tasty, enjoyed by all four of us. I also decided to try a tomato soup. Whilst it was very nice and the waitress who delivered it was both fast and friendly - it did taste suspiciously like it had just come out of a Heinz can. Despite this, the cake was homemade and it was an inexpensive order. Definitely interested in trying their full breakfast for £4 in future.

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

I've not been farmilar with "jacket potatoes" so I tried one. What a treat. It was a large baked potato split, reheated with a sweet light cheese melted on top. A fresh salad was served on the side.
There was a bit of a language barrier as my accent is heavy and so was the waitress but we worked it out. She was very friendly and I loved seeing the cook at the griddle. I would recommend this for a quick hearty meal while in Dover.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

The cafe is very clean and well appointed with helpful smiling waiting staff. There is a good range of traditional cafe staples and the egg and chips were cooked perfectly.

2  Thank judy d
Reviewed 1 February 2013 via mobile

Nothing to dislike here. Standard café food and drink, well presented in clean surroundings by friendly and efficient staff. I'd eat here again.

1  Thank JupilerUK