“proper chips”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
London, United Kingdom
“proper chips”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Best chips we've had since we were kids. Had a burger with mine, wow. Fantastic food and amazing value for money. So good to find someone who still takes so much pride in their profession.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Amazing food......”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We have used scoops maybe 6 times in the last year. David as we now know him takes pleasure and pride in his food, my girl friend from Yorkshire says she has never had better away from home and also says scoops may be better. Great food and prices always cooked well. Always a little wait but the waits very entertaining with David. Keep it going

• Visited August 2013
“Chunky chips! Say no more”
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

If its an old school style chippy your after then this is it! No kebabs and pizzas just good old fish chips and homemade pies and burgers. Everything cooked to order so double fresh. Keep up the good work. Poor parking though due to location

• Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Great Traditional Fish and Chips...And Amazing for Celiacs too!”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This is a great fish & chips shop! I love fish & chips and have eaten them all over England and the UK in general. I've tasted few as good and none better. David, the owner is an outstanding chef who knows his craft, as well as being a very friendly man. My wife has celiac and fish & chips is a rarity unless we make it gluten-free ourselves. I had the traditional and David (my wife calls him one of her "Celiac Angels") prepared hers gluten-free! Delicious! I tasted hers too and the GF version was fantastic. We spent a quick night in Dover after a cruise. I would do it again just to have a great meal at Scoops! Also, David is incredibly aware of cross contamination so there are no worries there and he does not charge extra for GF, which is amazing, as you celiacs know. If you're cruising out of Dover, Scoops is worth a stop!

• Visited July 2013
Dover, UK
“Gluten Free fish & chips and pies and burger and sausges - at last!”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Tiny little fish & chip shop just off London Road, Dover near The Eagle - they provide great gluten free food '- they say it's 'traditional' style but to me it's F&C with a modern twist - potatoe wedges, very crispy batter - huge portion served up in a box with a wedge of fresh lemon. Owner takes his GF food very seriously so no risk of contamination - lovely surprise to find this virtually on our doorstep. My husband enjoys the 'normal' F&C's and pies and all sorts. Phone and pre order if you're in a hurry!

• Visited December 2012