“Lovely little bistro/pub”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dover, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely little bistro/pub”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This new venture in Bench Street Dover is a breath of fresh air in the town. Only small, but the food is beautiful and not expensive. This is not posh,stand on ceremony,but friendly and relaxing. There are ales on tap and there are regular events. Also if you are a member of CAMRA bring your card with you.
Rob also welcomes well behaved dogs.
They are also on Facebook so you can find any up and coming offers.

• Visited May 2013

Folkestone, Kent
“Your search for a perfect Sunday Roast is over !”
Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

We booked our table for Sunday lunch during a visit on the previous Friday evening. Pier Three is a fairly new venture situated just off the market square near the subway to the seafront. I had visited before and sampled some fine real ales. Doom Bar, Hobgoblin and other more local brews ( Jimmy's Riddle and Jolly Roger) are all offered on a regular basis. But for us the main event on this occasion was "The Roast" ! We kicked off with a Prawn Cocktail starter, a good steady traditional option but nicely served in a large 'wine glass' with a mixed leaf salad lifted with just enough onion and sliced crusty bread and butter. On to the roast we were not to be disappointed ! I liked the presentation ! A good selection of vegetables hiding under beautifully tender and succulent slices of beef topped off with a Yorkshire pudding and crusty skinned fluffy roast potatoes on the side - perfect ! Our friendly and attentive waitress Trish gave us the choice of rare or more well cooked beef and having opted for rare the slices were, as I have all ready said, beautifully tender and flavoursome, a credit to the chefs. Having paid a few visits to this new and up and coming venue I can see where owner Rob and Sarah are both aiming. A lighter menu is also available along with coffees, a selection of wine and now Krombacher has been added on draught for those who prefer their lager. Why not try their breakfast and return for dinner ? You won't be disappointed ! Well done to all the team. See you in a bit !!
PS if you were wondering why I mentioned the subway to the seafront, well, it's the ideal way to walk off that roast !!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank TOBYJUG868X
“Best Burger I've ever had!”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This new place in town is a great little as spot. The bistro is well decorated with lots to see.I had a homemade steak burger with cheese and bacon.ive got to say it was the best burger ive ever had and accompanied with homemade fries too! all washed down with a well kept pint of Boondoggle. I would well recommend this little bistro/bar.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Richb1982
Dover
“A new experience in Dover”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

It's not just a pub, not just a cafe, describes itself as a bistro but I prefer cafe bar. 3 well kept real ales, happy to have us just sit and drink but equally happy to put us on a table or leave us at the bar when we decided to eat. Simple food (paninis, veg and meat pizza, burger) and one more elaborate dish (it was shanks of lamb the evening we were there). I think Pier 3 has found a gap certainly in the evening market in town and I hope they do well. We certainly enjoyed the atmosphere and will come again

• Visited March 2013