“Disappointing visit”

Beefeater
Ranked #18 of 177 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Championing the unique flavours which come with chargrill cooking methods, Beefeater Grill - offers a modern take on traditional steakhouse dining. Alongside an accomplished bar stock, prime meat cuts, fresh fish and wholesome vegetarian dishes make up the simple yet diverse Beefeater menu. Beefeater Grill restaurants pride themselves on sourcing the finest meat cuts and premium seasonal produce. Also renowned for its family-friendly welcome, Beefeater Grill presents a 'Little Eaters' menu, offering a fun range of dishes for children. Evoking a lively ambience and offering a menu filled with favourites, Beefeater restaurants are a consistent crowd pleaser.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed at the adjacent Premier Inn.There was no real ale on and we ordered linguine with chicken breast and risotto again with chicken-after some time the food arrived but without the chicken in each case,we then had to wait until the chicken arrived,I suggested that they took both the linguine and risotto away whilst waiting for the chicken but they left it on our table awaiting the chicken.
We did however have a sharing starter and we shared a lemon sundae both of which were good

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Plough Inn - served up a fantastic meal today, They were excellent, My mother who cannot eat large meals was allowed to have a child's meal, the waitress was brilliant with my mum, she went and got her the softer veg for her - no extra cost.
We have been to other places and have been refused this service, So it is a big thumbs up to the Beefeater company and the fab staff at the Plough Inn.
You have never failed us as customers

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We live locally and eat here at least twice a month and we are never dissatisfied. The food is consistently of a high standard and whatever we want from the menu is always available. The staff are always polite and the place is clean with easy listening music just the right volume. Very happy.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We visited this Beefeater early on a Sunday evening and it was very busy. On a plus side, that's a pretty good sign because obviously lots of people want to have dinner here. The downside is that service was inevitably slower than I would normally expect from a Beefeater. Having said that, considering how mobbed they were, they did a pretty decent job.

Obviously at the end of a very busy day the place wasn't as clean as it could have been, some food debris on the floor, but the table itself had been wiped and, as I say, considering how busy they were, and obviously had been, it wasn't too bad.

Staff were friendly, polite and helpful which is always a good sign. Drinks were prompt although trying to get another took a while to get someone's attention (we ended up having to wait until our food had turned up).

We were seated upstairs and there were 2 tables with really rowdy children (in fact I think one of their party was egging them on to make more noise as it seemed to upset one of the other guests). I don't mind this kind of noise as this is a family restaurant but people who want a little bit of peace and quiet with their meal should perhaps remember that and choose an alternative venue.

The food was good and we all enjoyed a starter and a main course but didn't fancy hanging around for the dessert, knowing there were some delays.

This venue is what it is. It's a noisy, busy, bustling, family restaurant. I wouldn't go out of my way to go back but wouldn't avoid it if I needed somewhere to get a decent meal and was passing by.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

It was busy and sevice was slow. Steaks were appealing because you just can'y resist a flame grilled steak - that is unless you choose the rump. I had the rump steak and it was as tough as old boots. Never again. Otherwise OK - but just OK.

Been to Beefeater? Share your experiences!