Premier Inn Dover Central (Eastern Ferry Terminal) Hotel
US$121
US$107
The White Cliffs Hotel(St Margaret's at Cliffe)
US$171
US$68
US$61
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,032 results
All reviewsferry terminalthe table table restaurantsea viewrestaurant attachedfamily roomfree parkinggood nights sleepsea frontnext morningmeal dealcar parkbudget hotelideal locationno air conevening mealbusy roadlong drive
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Great in so many ways....location for ferry early start next day...check in efficient, rooms surprisingly large and well-equipped...parking free.....30min wifi free....restaurant....excellent....simple English meals, (I had basic fish and chips...faultless) and well-priced...spent an hour after finishing meal having ANOTHER botle of wine with local couple who ate in the restaurant on regular basis...again 5 stars rated against what I was expecting and price paid....will 100pc use again when using Channel Ferry

Room Tip: I had a room which faced the sea...great view of the comings and goings in the port
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had a good night here. Nice clean room and bathroom and very handy for our ferry crossing. Staff helpful, and we
had a nice meal at the pub next door and enjoyed our stay. I would recommend to anyone wanting a nice room at a reasonable price

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed here while husband in dover for work. I came along for a jolly! The rooms are spacious, clean and fresh. Ours was at the front so woke up to beautiful sea views. I love that this Premier inn has a proper bar area rather than just a couple of beer taps at reception, makes it feel more like a hotel. Also, although some of the food is 'ping' food (pre prepared microwave), some is clearly cooked to order.....steak & lamb both came to the table rare as requested.
The staff are friendly, helpful and fun.
I have given 4/5 rather than 5/5 only because two mornings out of four, I had to ask for a bath towel as housekeeping seemed to think it was a single occupancy.
We stay in premier inns often! but this one is by far the best.

Room Tip: Ask for room at the front. The views are spectacular but more importantly, there is a VERY busy road at the back which serves the ferry terminal.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I've visited several Premier Inns, and this was the worst, and most expensive, I've stayed in.

The greeting at reception was fine: nice friendly staff. The room size was also good, and the bed comfortable.

However, when we got to the room, we found the main lights didn't work. When I spoke the girl on reception, she was genuinely stumped. The hotel was fully booked, so she couldn't move us, and made no other suggestions to resolve the problem. However, she came up to our room, and we found my boyfriend had managed to fix it. He pointed out that the dimmer switch was also broken. To both problems she simply waved her hand and said it as long as it's working now, it doesn't matter. OK.

It the room itself, one of the lampshades was coming apart, and the kettle was broken - I had to hold down the 'on' switch while it boiled; if I let go, it turned off.

In the bathroom, paint was cracked and peeling, and there was mold on the tiles.

On our second night we found the room was rather warm. Even though I had the temperature set to 18, it kept rising, eventually to 25. I was forced to turn it off, and open the window, letting in all the noise from people coming and going from the restaurant, and the car park. Luckily I sleep with ear plugs.

The price was £75 per night (without breakfast). That is a far-cry from the budget image they promote, while the quality we received was certainly not in line with the price. Had we payed their oft-advertised £29, I would be far less bothered.

They're clearly banking on their location, and as the hotel was fully booked, it's apparently working. However, I wouldn't recommend it. I will not stay here again.

Also: We had a terrible experience in the attached restaurant (reviewed separately) which resulted in my boyfriend having food poisoning.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laurelin_23
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Dover Central (Eastern Ferry Terminal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

if you are ever going to stay overnight in Dover before catching the ferry to France , then there is only one place to stay and that is the Premier Inn, everything about this place is good. don't forget to ask for a see view.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple