Premier Inn Dover Central (Eastern Ferry Terminal) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Myself and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel for one night in late may 2013. Although we made a late booking the room was in spectacular location overlooking the sea and was quiet too. The food was delicious and the staff helpful and efficient at getting us checked in quickly on our late arrival. Our room was spacious and clean, and my boyfriend was amazed and impressed by the massive flat screen tv we had.
Lovely nights stay, just wish we could of stayed longer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the sea, beautiful views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We ve stayed here a number of times. Very good value especially if you book when its a special offer. Rooms clean, staff polite, bar and restaurant nice and food good. Also very close to the ferry port which we have used to go across to France for lunch. Would recommend if you want somewhere to stay for a couple of nights.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I work all over the country and stay in hotels 4 nights per week. I am sad to say that my experience on this occasion was poor and not what I would expect from Premier Inn hotels. I booked over a week in advance but I was put in room 2 which is next door to reception and the corridor leading to upstairs. All I heard all night was doors banging and the ladies upstairs sounded as if they were having a party. The girls did quieten down but the doors banged all night. I spoke to the receptionist next morning who said its because I booked late and during half term. I booked over a week before my staff and before my colleague who was in a quieter room. I was not offered my money back despite outlining my poor nights sleep. The dining area does get very busy so your advised to book for breakfast and evening meal.
Do not book room number 2 and I suggest you check your not near a main door.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This well located Premier Inn , looking out over the busy Dover ferry port, is a great spot for pre and post stays for those using the cross Channel ferries.
Rooms look out over the port or the crown, and it has a busy bar and restaurant. Staff are friendly and cheerful, and happily provide local information.
Parking can be at a premium, but there is parking on the road alongside
It is clearly a busy, well used hotel, kept clean and tidy, but we unfortunately had several maintenance issues with a ground floor room.
An adapted room should not have a badly worn nonslip tub, and certainly should have loose grab rails regularly checked. To be told that the hotel is about to have a refit is not an excuse.
We are sure that the refit will be of great benefit to guests, and because it is such a splendid location, we will certainly stay again, but hope that next time, the room is properly maintained.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room, they are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Premium Inn on the beach at Dover for a few nights. We only intended staying one but we loved the place we stayed longer. The staff were so helpful, so friendly. The room was spacious, the bed so comfy, the pillows comfy and the facilities very accommodating. The girls at reception were great, we could ask them anything and they were so helpful. The attached restaurant/bar was great, the meals were fantastic and the service was perfect. They have great breakfasts....continental or full breakfast, great value and everything on offer. The cost of our stay we felt was very affordable and the breakfast also was affordable and well worth paying. We would have our brekky then head off for the day touring and have dinner back at the restaurant at night then off to our room for a good nights sleep. Would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Premium Inn Dover near the ferry terminal..great place, great food, great staff!

Room Tip: they have a lift!!! great for people with lots of luggage!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Had a room on the front of the hotel, busy road but triple glazing made it very quiet. Room was excellent, bar and restaurant were good and only 5 minutes walk to town.Receptionist was very friendly and helpful. will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Very handy for the ferry with parking and restaurant on site. As you'd expect room wise, but staff are the difference here. Friendly, helpful and seem genuinely pleased to help. Food in the restaurant is normal gastro pub food but the service by Joe was second to none. Can't remember the last time a waiter was so friendly, helpful and attentive but without being over bearing. have already booked to stay again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Travellers also viewed these Dover hotels
Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel & Spa
Premier Inn Dover East Hotel
The White Cliffs Hotel
The White Cliffs Hotel
#1 of 1 in St Margaret's at Cliffe

Been to Premier Inn Dover Central (Eastern Ferry Terminal) Hotel? Share your experiences!