“Incredibly micro pub with great real ale and cider.”
Review of Rack of Ale

Rack of Ale
Ranked #2 of 37 Nightlife in Dover
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are the first micropub to launch in Dover. The others are in the main ex staff with their own ideas of how a micropub should be. Our flexibility in approach include treating customers as adults and we allow you to relax without being forced or fined to do things that may make you feel uncomfortable. We lead - we do not follow. As the original owner of the Rack I am very proud of my little shop and the services we provide... Subject to contract I am about to move on to pastures new - It is time to let someone younger come in with the passion and ' youth ' and I ask you continue to support the Rack as you always have. I wish to thank you all for your support. Hail to the Rack - we are a beer festival everyday - open everyday and sometimes until 0100 in the morning. We love gimmicks and schemes = follow us on facebook / twitter to find out what is happening. at this moment in time I have suspended the website.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Incredibly micro pub with great real ale and cider.”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This really is like having a beer in somebody else's front room.

From the outside, this place looks a little bit weird. It came well recommended by our B&B host.

You step through the door into a magical world. There is no bar. You take a seat and get table service. Although in our case, we were invited into the tap room to sample some of the 15 ciders on offer.

If you like your real ale and cider, this is a definite gem and well worth a visit.

Visited June 2014

Brewster, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The Friendliest Place in England”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

When I entered, at Martin from Bleriot House's suggestion, I faced a room full of inquisitive eyes, seeing a stranger in a local pub. However, when I announced to the assembled that Martin told me that this was the friendliest place in England, I was met with a round of applause, hugs from Trish and two of the guests, and seated at a table to try the real ales. Go there.

1 Thank Gregory B
Tulsa, Oklahoma
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“An Awesome "Hole in the Wall"”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

There is no real bar in here - just a few closely packed tables and chairs and a list on the wall of the ales currently available. You can get a flight that includes 3 small glasses of whatever is being offered and then order a pint of your favorite afterward. Chips (crisps) are served as well as a few other items if they haven't run out. My wife and I are not the most social of people but we were made to feel very welcomed by the locals as we sat around a common table with 3 strangers enjoying our flights of ale and cider.

Visited May 2014
“micro what?”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

..hard to find, but well-worth the effort. warm welcome extended by a couple of dubious sanity
and fellow drinkers to boot. many thanks for making a Northamptonian very much at home.
each beer a pleasure to drink (didn't get around to ciders etc.), decisions, decisions....
good luck to Trish and Steve in their endeavour....

Deal Kent
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent lil pub in Dover with friendly hospitality and great local ales, highly recommend to friend & foe for a great drink