“Never again”
Review of The Arlington West Bistro - CLOSED

The Arlington West Bistro
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A small Bistro seating up to 25 people, fully licenced. Very close to Dover Port, opposite the marina on slip road.A warm friendly service with good home cooked food.
Kent
“Never again”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Well, where to start! I have been here a couple of times in the last year and will not be returning. Scruffy waitress who never smiled. It was so cold in there and the heater above the front door was ineffective. Staff talking amongst themselves and ignoring the fact I had to put my coat on. Food was just ok and nothing special. Coffee awful. Not a cheap place to eat and I have lost count how many times this place has changed hands. Nuff said!

• Visited March 2012

Dover, England, United Kingdom
“Very OK”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

This place is as my husband says very ok. It is not in the same league as other places we go in the local area. The service is friendly efficient and helpful, but most of what we ate [we think] was brought in frozen , nothing homemade going on. You can get very good food elsewhere for the same price. If the mains were priced nearer ten pounds[ They are mostly about £14. I would think the place reasonable value. The starters were the best part of the meal. All well presented.

• Visited September 2012
“Fantastic little find!”
Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went to this lovely little restaurant a couple of days ago having looked it up on Trip Advisor.

What a delight! Fantastic food, served by the friendly host/proprietor and female chef Heidi.

I have never felt so welcome and at home before in restaurant. It truly is a little gem of a place and would recommend everyone try it. We eat out 2-3 times a week and you'll be hard pushed to find somewhere to match up to this on service and food quality. Top class!

Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Look forward everytime”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Been here several times and each time come back looking forward to it more than the last. The food is wonderful and that s coming from myself and my uncle who are chefs! They always make you feel at home even my 3 year old daughter loves it there. Looking forward to our next vist very much

• Visited August 2012
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Nice Find”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Booked as was told food was good. Starter of King Prawns in garlic very tasty, and the Lamb was excellent, all in all a great little find, as always seem to struggle in Dover finding somewhere decent to eat< now I`ve found one, will be a regular visitor if they keep up the high standard they have set.

• Visited September 2012