“Best chinese place in Dover”
Review of Chapter Eight - CLOSED

Chapter Eight
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 22 May 2014

came in a group for a friends birthday we all had a great time and was a relatively good value for what we got. We are big eaters so loved the buffet. Staff were nice to us aswell. Definitely best Chinese place in Dover.

1  Thank grrEAT

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Visited this restaurant in a group... Rang before to check prices and ages for children.
Pre booked table for 14, 8 adults, 6 kids.
There was only 1 other table of 4 occupied.
The tea time menu had just started and in theory food should of been fresh!!!
Definitely not!!!
There was thick layers of skin on top off food, food was barely Luke warm:-(
Staff wanted to charge for a child of 2 who has various allergies and only really ate noodles.... But as he had his own plate he had to be paid for!
Glasses of water were also at a cost!!
The eldest child was 10, which I had previously made the staff aware of and she had been counted as child, but the manager had other ideas!! She said children over 10 were adults!!
The manager was very rude and unpleasant.
The children were frowned upon.
the food was awful and we will never eat there again, visit Dover often will avoid this place!

4  Thank Migikena
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Went there with family to celebrate my birthday wish we never food was dried up with skin forming on top of curry avoided that pork and other meats in same blackbean sauce one rice dish one noodle dish one sweet and sour dish all looking overcooked and unappealing. Glad and surprised we Did not got food poisoning as we had pregnant lady with us too we had two children with us a two year old and a ten month old and had to pay for both of them as we're told they still had to use electric and gas to cook what little they had to eat and only had two high chairs in the restaurant wont be going again will stick to Folkestone one and staff more friendly helpful and food choice is much better and children that young are not charged for .

4  Thank Karen E
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I ate here when I was on a stopover in dover

The food was good for the prise but nothing special

You can't expect to much when your paying little

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I've visited the restaurant various times and not had any problems over the past few years until recently when decided to go out for dinner with a few friends. The food was cold, a lot of the food wasn't even Chinese food, more "English breakfast" sausages, bacon, tomatoes etc. a friend of mine found strangle tentacle looking things on his ribs which put us off, to top it off later that day both one of my friends and I both started to feel rather ill. I spent the whole of the night being sick thought I had been given food poisoning. I then decided to go back again yesterday to see if it was a one off, yet again I am now feeling worse than ever. Not to mention my boyfriend found a hair in his food. After looking at reviews I see a lot of people have had similar experiences. £10 per person is not worth food poisoning as well the staff were not very helpful at all

1  Thank lleppach