“Service very poor. 2 serving and only our table in. Bottle of wine an water was just plonked on the table - we weren't asked if ”
Review of Restaurant 66

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Restaurant 66
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant 66 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 195 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Cuisines: British, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Had some good meals over the past 5 years but the last twice we have been the service wasn't good . The waitresses weren't busy but had the attitude that they didn't care whether everything was right or not.

• Visited September 2013

Somerville, Massachusetts
“Great steak night”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Wednesday is steak night, 10 pounds for steak and chips + a glass of wine.
This was a total bargain as it was one of the best steaks I've ever had; so tender, and it was really nice wine.

On the downside, the skin-on chips were not crispy and were on the soft, slightly greasy/soggy side (the following night we went to the steak night a Age & Sons, their thrice cooked chips beat these hands down although the rest of that dining experience was disappointing), but they went down OK.

The service was excellent, the staff were friendly and attentive, coming back to check we had everything and that all was OK. The restuarant was fairly busy but we didn't have to wait too long at any point.

For 'afters' we shared a cheeseboard: a selection of local Kent cheeses, served with crackers, celery, grapes, a caramalised red onion relish and a cranberry relish, which was all totally YUM!! :-)

The rest of the menu seemed very interesting and reasonable, with a specials board with some unusual items.

Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited September 2013
“Great food and very happy helpful Staff, a must visit resturant !”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We were greeted by smiling happy Staff , the Resturant is spotless and has a nice atmosphere but it's jewel in it's crown is the food . Wow.. all of our meals were so good , my Daughter took advantage of the ten pound Wednesday steak night and we all had different main meals and the standard was so high . The chips are to die for ,Chef gosh you can really cook ! Do visit you won't be disppointed .

Hertford, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service but not keen on basement table”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We booked a table at the restaurant not realising there was a basement to the restaurant....

THe main restaurant looked lovely but unfortunately we were put downstairs in the basement with no windows and only one other table making for little atmosphere.

Having said that the food was delicious, there were five of us and we all enjoyed our food and service was excellent

London UK
“A very enjoyable dining-out experience”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I should like to recommend the 66 Restaurant, both for its service (very patient and good-humoured with a party who took an unconsciable time to make up their minds!
I was amazed to read some of the more critical recent reviews. We were not charged upfront for any of the courses we ordered. We settled our bill at the end of our meal in the normal way. As already mentioned, our waitress was polite, friendly and attentive, and the meal was excellent. I had the jumbo scampi, (which for once really were jumbo!) with a very well-dressed salad and the chips which I think were baby new potatoes roasted in their skins and roughly cut into approximate chip shapes. Usually I never finish my portion of chips, but these were so tasty, crisp outside and meltingly soft within, that I devoured every single one. The food may have been simple, but it was excellent. Despite the poor review of the sticky toffee pudding, I ordered this. It was not too small, neither was it dry – quite the reverse – and was served with a portion of very good icecream too. We were a party of three adults and two small children. Only one other of the adults had a pudding, the other was too full! I understand that the triple chocolate mousse was also very good. I think the sharing platters are a very good idea also, though on this occasion, since everyone wanted something different, we opted for separate meals from the extensive menu. Considering the quality of the food and service I consider the prices reasonable too. We ate out at two other restaurants in Ramsgate during our week there, one of which was pricier and by no means as good. I should also like to praise the warm and relaxing ambience too. My son and daughter-in-law had eaten once before at this restaurant, two years ago. They loved it then and still do.