“quality”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Restaurant 66
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant 66 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 195 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“quality”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

myself and my partner ate at restaurant 66 on 12th march 2014 in the evening, the restaurant had about 10 people dining, with a very nice ambience, candle lit tables, fresh flowers, and very comfortable, we were warmly welcomed, seated, asked what we would like to drink, told what the fresh soup of the day was then left to choose our meal, we were looking for something a little different as we often dine out.I wont spoil the surprises by telling you exactly what we ate but I will say that it was a surprising culinary delight, with what we both found to be an explosion of great flavours, i don't normally write reviews but this was a meal that I will remember for a long time and thought I should share.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Warren B

Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Slow service-not busy”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Went to the restaurant tonight. Party of 6, very quiet. Sat at our table at 20:00.We weren't asked if we wanted drinks when we sat down so we had to interrupt a very disinterested waitress, who seemed to be socialising with her friends, if we could order some drinks Had to wait 45 minutes for starter, they brought the first 4 starters then we had to wait another 10 minutes for the last 2 starters. Main courses appeared very rapidly after we had finished starters. Seemed like they really couldn't get their timings right. Very poor experience, which, if it had been busy, would have been more acceptable but due to the fact that it was quite quiet, really let it down and made a mockery of the reviews we had read. Overall, would not recommend it to anyone and will definitely be adding this review to other social media sites.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Leon H
Kent
“Not great”
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Visited on a sunday lunchtime. Was quite busy but not so busy that service should be so slow.

Positives-nice environment

Negatives-cold gravy
Risotto was incredibly bland and felt like an after thought on the menu.
Limited menu
Ice cream had defrosted and been refrozen as it was all crystally

I wouldnt return. Perhaps its not my thing but a raffle was called and the winner won a roast dinner next week. Im 28 and the silver special and raffle just made it all a bit unexciting!

Expotel, General Manager at Restaurant 66, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for your recent review of Restaurant 66.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your vist with us on Sunday, Sunday was a busy day with a lot of walk-in customers, however that is no excuse for cold gravy this is something that I will bring to the Chefs attention to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I am sorry the Risotto was not to your taste, I can assure you that it was not an after thought on the menu and is quite a popular dish, we served 4 of these on Sunday Lunch alone.

When you say limited menu, this does have me slightly confused, on a sunday lunch we have available our Sunday Set menu which has 5 options, we also have available our restaurant weekly changing menu and our bar menu. So with 3 menus available I dont see this as being limited.

Our Ice cream is made in house and by hand, not machine, this would be why there would be ice crystals in it, however we are now looking into getting a machine.

I am disappointed that our 'free' raffle that every diner in the restaurant is entered into was not to your liking, I am certain, the winner, and previous winners of the 3 Course Sunday Lunch for 2 would disagree.
Finally I am sorry you feel that you would not be returning to us, I do hope that you change your mind and try us again.

If you wish to discuss your visit further or have any queries please contact me. reception@oakhotel.co.uk or 01843 583686
Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely Meal”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Went to Restaurant 66 on the 1st of November after Popping to Ramsgate to pick something up, and decided to pop out for some dinner before heading back. After a minute or so of trying to get in as it was not obvious where the door is, we followed the corridor round to the quite small restaurant area.

We had the 'From the Sea' platter for starters which was a delicious selection of cold meats, bread and pate. For mains we got the 'Fish Friday" which is fish and chips for two for only £15! I ordered a pot of curry sauce for a £1 supplement and it was mouthwateringly nice on the homemade chips with the skin left on. After that we were stuffed and couldn't fit in pudding but the meal was delicious.

We had a platter, fish and chips and two soft drinks and it came to 33.65 after they took 25% of the price of our main as its a November offer they are doing.

Defiantly considering going back for Wednesdays Steak Night, which is Steak meal and wine for £10 each!

• Visited November 2013
uk
“A very nice. Evening”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Our first visit ,we have to say it was very enjoyable, The food was excellent especially the seafood starter,The young ladies who served us were very attentive and added to the experience.
The evening we visited was quite busy and everyone seemed to be enjoying the experience.

• Visited September 2013