“A lot on here is very true”
Review of The Foxhunter Park

and 1 more site!
The Foxhunter Park
Reviewed 18 September 2013

A lot of the negative comments written are very true. I too can confirm the following.

The club house is so dark and depressing. The mens toilets are dated, cramped, and often dirty. The entertainment is ok but repeated year in year out. I think this year only five or six new acts. The music and acts are so loud. When they are on you cannot hold a conversation and its true in the snug you still cannot talk to your family or friends. The lighting is very poor. The bar staff are all very good and so is the food. Shame the furniture is dangerous as all the chairs rock.In the hot sunny evenings im not sure if the air con is always faulty or the manager is tight and saving on his electric bill. Same with the out door heaters. Go to switch them on and they will not come on. The pool was NOT heated this year Well just a fraction. Again trying to save money but spoiling everyones paid enjoyment. The pool surface is peeling but the outside of the club house is very nice and well kept.The grounds are very nice and well kept, but the road surface to caravan bays are in very poor condition. Bay slabs broken and uneven and drop from the main rd and could easily cut your tyres and better road markings should be painted. The water rates are not business fair and owners are or do appear to be overcharged when for four months the supply is disconnected (some five months) and at a hefty cost of £370. The security is poor as anyone can walk in and use the facilities Rentals and Owners are fed up with this situation and not happy paying for free riders as previously mentioned. Owners phone up the Foxhunter and ask what date is the Childrens Christmas party and when if Father Christmas comming with their present? There is not a shop on site and no free cash withdraw machine. As mentioned there are gambling machines in the childrens area. Its going to cost you even before you start £4000.00 for eight months. Im not sure that due to all the above and this is not exhausted you are getting value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013
13  Thank peteandsarah57

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We had an amazing long weekend with the whole family. Relaxing afternoons by the heated pool and great service poolside from accommodating staff and owners. The children's hour gave us a well earned break and the live evening shows were really good entertainment for everyone. Foxhunter provided a great base for visiting Canterbury and the surrounding areas. We have already booked for next year with a nice 20% discount.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
jane s, Owner at The Foxhunter Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Guy
Thank you for your lovely review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and plan to return again soon.
Best wishes from all the team
Jane

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I can not believe people I came here last year for the day and we bought one those people that but bad things about this park are not worth it as for the wifi I can pick it up any where in the park and as for that person calling other people chaves you know what you can do next year pay for a expensive hotel and still slag the place off so tell you what don't bother coming back here next year you might just get a chave smack you in the mouth

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This is our second stay at the park, which like the first time was first class. We really had such a great time at the Willy Wonker Party! My children spent the entire day in the pool and enjoyed the entertainment and foxy's amusements by night.

This park is a great place to stay with a family, its residence which are always friendly and fun help make the park what it is. The staff in the office are really kind and courteous and the park itself it clean and attractive. Another positive thing about the park is that my children had no reason to badger me for 'money for this and money for that'.... everything in the park is good clean fun that requires no money really! A plus in my opinion. Bring your bikes, scooters, footballs and goggles and your kids will have lots to do. There is a nice tennis court, large park and lots of safe roads to ride bikes around. Foxy's amusements is good in the evening, one of my boys enjoyed hanging around there and making friends.

We will be coming again next year for sure. Thanks for an enjoyable stay, would strongly recommend to anyone who enjoys a caravan holiday.

Room Tip: Book early for your desired location as it gets very busy in the high season.
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

I can think of lots of good reasons I continue to return back to foxhunter all these years after my 1st stay here. I continue to return because I have enjoyed myself each and everytime. Members of staff and caravan owners are pleasant. Clean holiday accommodation, I enjoyed cooking my own breakfast in my very own miniature caravan kitchen and listening to the noise of those very loud holiday makers children enjoying themselves, its all part of a caravan holiday! Visiting the flamingos, fish, ducks and colourful birds. Sitting by the pool for a spot of lunch and getting dressed up for clubhouses entertainment later in the evening. There is nothing wrong with the site I have been to many and this is by far the best, to those below your standards are too high and maybe a caravan holiday is not for you. Perhaps a hotel? There has never been a fight all these years ive been and as for the murder that happened in 1999 That young man left behind his 3 young daughters so think before you speak and not after foxhunter first opened this is not the only holiday destination for this to ever happen get over it didn't happen whilst you were there so why mention it? and it wasnt a mass murderer going around it was a dispute that got outa hand and happened before I ever started coming and hasn't happened since. I love it&never had a problem

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank belletsaw
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed for midweek break in a bronze caravan as we really just intended to use the park as a base from which to tour round Thanet.
The caravan was clean and well equipped however it had separate toilet and bathroom which meant the toilet was incredibly small and cramped....so much so that I had to back in to use it if I wanted a sit down performance!
We only went in the clubhouse once for an hour to play bingo...it was the usual scene of families and the occasional table of chavs drinking too much...I found the bar staff quite helpful. The pool was well used and I enjoyed a swim on a sunny day, there seemed to be enough chairs and tables for people to sit around. The site advertised itself as having free wi fi but I was unable to connect to it at any time during my stay despite repeated attempts at different locations...si if wi fi is important to you beware.
There was a playground for the children and we didn't see any problems during our stay such as rowdy behaviouys or fights etc..may be we were just lucky. Parking next to the van demanded considerable skill as the space provided was small and partially blocked by a palm tree...this was true of most of the bronze vans...also for some odd reason the allotted space was on the other side of the van from the van door...I never did figure out why. There was a smallish amusement arcade which I never actaully saw anybody use. No shop on site, the nearest was in a village about a mile away.

One positive for us was that it was equidistant between Broadstairs, Whitstable and other resorts so we never had to travel more tha 12 miles or so to visit the local sights.

All in all a pleasant enough stay, but if you were planning on staying on site for the whole holiday you might be disappointed with the facilities.

The site prices itself as a 5* but in my opinion it's more 3 or 4 star at a pinch.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank chaplainsRus

Dear ChaplainsRus
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
All feedback is important to us and I have noted your comments. Many improvements have been made at The Foxhunter park this year including Wi-Fi. which we consider an important service and our customers expect a good connection.
With kind regards
Jane

Reviewed 27 August 2013

No spa as advertised, putting green is just holes in the grass, pool is looking very warn out and looking through the serving hatch I would not eat anything from that kitchen! Tables are sticky and never cleaned.
Bar staff are miserable, drinks are over priced, club is dark and intimidating, entertainment is dated.
Nothing to do for teenagers so they roam the park and cause all sorts of trouble day and night.
Very little security on the park so anyone can drive in.
No on site shop to buy bread, milk or newspapers, you can't even buy breakfast on site.
The pond water looks stagnant and am not sure how the fish survive.
Top of the range "Gold" caravans are very tired and the TV was so small that I had to use my laptop screen
We were totally disappointed and upset with our stay, 5 star PRICES for a 1 star park

Room Tip: Dont stay at this park
11  Thank John S

Dear John S
I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your holiday with us. Your feedback is important to us and your comments have been noted. We have made many improvements for 2014 including reviewing our bar and food prices, and we now have a talented new chef, Costas.
We have improved our customer service training for our bar staff and the entertainment has been overhauled with many brand new acts.
A substantial investment has been made in refurbishing our club to a very high standard during the winter of 2013/2014 and the final phase of the refurbishment will take place during the winter of 2014/2015.
We have introduced our gold plus caravans which are brand new for 2014 with wide screen televisions and DVD players.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review
With kind regards