“Nice Stay”

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Ramsgate
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I had a good stay and staff were helpful. The breakfast was good. I am a returning guest

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Had a nice comfortable stay in this traditionally decorated seaside guest house, service was excellent throughout and i plan to return again.

Room Tip: Nice sea view from my room
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Nearly fell like helping landlady to cook my breakfast as she so didn't want to do it!
Very mean amount of tea/coffee/sugar, we had to ask for milk and no biscuits. Mean amount of shower gel/shampoo/cond sachets.
Won't go back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Ramsgate hotels

Reviewed 15 June 2012

First impression was old and tired , the room was small and the shower room was a little plastic box in the corner , to sit on the toilet I had to put my feet in the shower basin .
The room could of done with a good clean there was a lot of dust on the bed frame and the ceiling fan was grey with dust and fluff , there was tissues under the bed .
The general feeling of the place was depressing and not very welcoming .
When asked what time we would like breakfast? we said 7-730 and was told then that was too early , so we just left , I'll never want to stay there again , the feeling was not welcoming and did not feel comfortable .

Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

Well where do I start first of all got into my room went to use the loo and sat down and had to put my feet in the shower basin to sit, the ceiling fan was plastered with dust, under my bed was used empty sugar and coffee packets and the bed matteress I moved from left side to right and the matteress nearly sprung me out of the bed, this is the first time I'm used trip adviser so I'm wrote this to name and shame not a place that I'd go to again GOOD LUCK people !!

Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We were booked into this hotel by a company to stay while working on a windfarm. I read a few of the reviews on trip advisor and was a little worried. but i thought i would give it a chance as there were some good reviews. On arrival we were greeted and shown to our rooms. THe corridors decor was tired and rather dark, the rooms were not mush better. I was in a first floor single, at the front looking out over a small park area. THe room was particularly cramped with very dated furniture, fixtures and fittings. THe bed was however comfortable, but pillows were very thin. the room had a flat screen telly but it was about a foot from the sink making it difficult to use the sink. One of our party who was staying in the attic room was asked what time we wanted breakfast. he replied 7--730 as we wore out working but the reply was "oh thats far to early for us" so we went to our boat for breakfast.
THe room was grubby, and tired, much of the fixtures and fittings have been repaired over the years and nothing really fits like the door. the windows were filthy. There was no toilet paper in the toilets down the corridor it took a few flushes to clear the ubend and generally the bathrooms were again grubby.
we didnt partake in breakfast so cant comment.
When we went to get our bags the land lady was stood in the corridor and was quite agressive asking why we had complained. our company had arranged us alternative accomodation at the local travelodge.

Room Tip: go round the corner to the Royal Harbour Hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank hobbitdamian
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Words fail me, this 'hotel' is in desperate need of a full refurbishment.
We were booked in by a company agent while working locally.
On entering the hotel was drab and unwelcoming. The rooms were in a poor state of cleanliness and decor. The overall feel of the place was depressing and uncared for. I will not be returning except for playing tennis in the square outside.

1 Thank Grayzeeuk