“A bit of a rip off”

Spencer Court Hotel
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Ramsgate
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I do not know who is writing the positive reviews but this was not a positive experience for us in terms or cleanliness, quality of the room and service on arrival. I would avoid if I were you. There was dirt and dust on the radiators, the breakfast was OK, tinned mushrooms were particularly memorable. I do not mind staying in places which are like this but I do mind when you are paying the price they charged.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank TimB1967

Reviewed 4 July 2012

Very impressed with the level of service at this guest house. The staff made me as comfortable as I could be after a long journey and were very friendly and helpful as they refered me to areas of interest around the area. I will definitely visit again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Was recommended this hotel by a very good friend of mine and I was not disappointed! The price was good, and the staff made me feel welcome. My room had a lovely sea view and although it could have done with a lick of paint it was very comfortable. Breakfast was also superb, cooked and ready to order. I highly recommend this establishment!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I had a good stay and staff were helpful. The breakfast was good. I am a returning guest

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Had a nice comfortable stay in this traditionally decorated seaside guest house, service was excellent throughout and i plan to return again.

Room Tip: Nice sea view from my room
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Nearly fell like helping landlady to cook my breakfast as she so didn't want to do it!
Very mean amount of tea/coffee/sugar, we had to ask for milk and no biscuits. Mean amount of shower gel/shampoo/cond sachets.
Won't go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2012

First impression was old and tired , the room was small and the shower room was a little plastic box in the corner , to sit on the toilet I had to put my feet in the shower basin .
The room could of done with a good clean there was a lot of dust on the bed frame and the ceiling fan was grey with dust and fluff , there was tissues under the bed .
The general feeling of the place was depressing and not very welcoming .
When asked what time we would like breakfast? we said 7-730 and was told then that was too early , so we just left , I'll never want to stay there again , the feeling was not welcoming and did not feel comfortable .

• Stayed: June 2012