“May be excellent. I never got the chance to find out”

Spencer Court Hotel
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Ramsgate
London
“May be excellent. I never got the chance to find out”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

They claimed to have overbooked and put me in a lesser "sister hotel" hotel round the corner, blaming "system problems". The owner of the other hotel said they were always doing this and he was just a friend doing a favour not a sister hotel. Probably as well, as the very ordinary B&B we ended up with was not as smelly as the Spence Court.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Rooms were very dirty and dusty - toenails included. Unfriendly and quite rude service. A definite lack of communication between the whoever handles online bookings and whoever handles over the phone - one minute was told I hadn't reserved the rooms, next minute I had. Not impressed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank A W

Travellers are raving about these Ramsgate hotels

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Booked a twin room at this hotel for a one night stay with my daughter, upon arrival we were told by the lady in reception that we were in 'the attic room'!! (you would have thought that it was haunted by the way she said it!), but apparently this was one of their better rooms. I can't believe how low the standard of this accommodation was, the whole building from reception up to the 'attic' smells damp and musty. We were told that our room was not ensuite so had to use the shower room one floor down, the shower and toilet were so close to each other, that you almost had to step over the toilet to get in the shower, it also had a very dirty looking carpet on the floor, neither my daughter or I used this facility needless to say! The furniture in the room was old and nothing matched, there was also a hole in the ceiling from which dust was falling. The standard of cleanliness was overall really bad, can't believe that places like this still exist in this country, it was like stepping back to the early '70's. Needless to say, we decided to skip the breakfast, didn't want to take any chances on that! For the price they are charging, £70.00 a night, it is an absolute rip off, it will be Travelodge all the way for me next time!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Poachcake
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I do not know who is writing the positive reviews but this was not a positive experience for us in terms or cleanliness, quality of the room and service on arrival. I would avoid if I were you. There was dirt and dust on the radiators, the breakfast was OK, tinned mushrooms were particularly memorable. I do not mind staying in places which are like this but I do mind when you are paying the price they charged.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank TimB1967
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Very impressed with the level of service at this guest house. The staff made me as comfortable as I could be after a long journey and were very friendly and helpful as they refered me to areas of interest around the area. I will definitely visit again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Was recommended this hotel by a very good friend of mine and I was not disappointed! The price was good, and the staff made me feel welcome. My room had a lovely sea view and although it could have done with a lick of paint it was very comfortable. Breakfast was also superb, cooked and ready to order. I highly recommend this establishment!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I had a good stay and staff were helpful. The breakfast was good. I am a returning guest

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo