“Exactly what I needed”

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Ramsgate
Warminster, United Kingdom
“Exactly what I needed”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I don't know where these bad reviews came from, but I had a good stay! I only stayed for 1 night, but would definitely come again.

The staff were very friendly, polite and helpful, and went out of their way to help me on more than 1 occasion. Room was a very reasonable price, and included a tasty cooked breakfast.

Facilities were good, with a spacious room & a pleasant view. Everything I could have needed was available and worked well.

Location is fantastic, right near the waterfront and the main high-street, and not too far from the train station.

Overall 5*

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BJCoppin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I booked a double room with balcony through booking.com with the view of enjoying wine on the balcony, as advertised and arrived with my husband on Saturday for a relaxing weekend in Ramsgate to be told on arrival that a single room had been reserved for us and that I had made a mistake. Also that a room with balcony could not be pre-booked and that they would determine which room they provide us with. We left on amicable terms to find accommodation elsewhere.
The following day I received an email from Spencer court hotel to apologise that they couldn't offer the room required and that I would not be charged however the hotel then informed booking.com that I was a 'no-show', and that I had asked for a double room on only on arrival. I was notified that I may now be charged for the double room which they claimed I did not book.. Once I contacted booking.com to sort this out they were able to confirm that I did book a double room with balcony and apologised for the way I was treated by the hotel say the hotel had not been honest with them. I was extremely disappointed that the hotel could firstly make such an error and then insulted that they would blame me for it!

Room Tip: I would recommend looking elsewhere before approaching this hotel. We were lucky to find an alternat...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank helen h

Travellers are raving about these Ramsgate hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We were recommended to stay in this Bed and Breakfast accommodation by a friend because it was good value for money and very "English". The location is superb and our room had a sea view across this beautiful square with manicured lawn and Tennis courts,very romantic setting, Wifi was free

I was shocked to find out that Van Gogh the legendary Dutch Painter lived a couple of doors away in one of the elegant regency town houses making up the square!

The Guest House was clean and comfortable and the Manager lady was so welcoming I felt like home. The hot prepared to order, breakfast was grand, The B & B can do with some refurbishment, but for the amount I paid I would come back again and again.This establishment has a personal touch.

Room Tip: ask for sea view rooms if available
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gary w
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Perhaps as its the end of the season there is some excuse, but the hotel is a bit well worn and could do with a revamp. However our room was clean and comfortable and had a nice outlook over the gardens and tennis courts to the front and a sea view in the distance. The bed was comfortable and there were tea making facilities etc. We had an little en-suite shower room, the TV worked well but the advertised wifi did not reach our room which was very inconvenient, but worked in the lounge downstairs. The full English breakfast was very good. Overall for £50 it was not bad value, the lady running it was friendly and we were lucky to park only a few yards away as the road was full apart from the space we found.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Robert K
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stay here for afew nights on my arrival there was no warm welcome the room was filthy not been hoovered since the carpet was new about 40 years ago the decor was crap the bed was crap. I was petrified to use the electrics in case I electrocuted myself great eh the rooms were never cleaned no bed made and no hot water from the sink in the room. The wifi was none existent aswel. Now onto the bathroom which was down the hall which needs a serious make over good job a had my flip flops cos whoever used it before me left it in a rite state unflushed toilets hairs in the bath mould every where and never clean over my whole stay which to be honest is a disgrace absolute filth would never ever stay here again and advise no body else too In my opinion far too expensive and a very uncomfortable stay

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank B5y10
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Stayed here with my two boys. The location was great for us just a walking distance from the beach and town centre. I found the staff very friendly and helpful. The room we stayed in was clean and tidy with WiFi that worked just fine. Breakfast was a full English breakfast and was great. Overall I would say it was good value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lande I
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stayed at the Spencer court, for a weekend break and wedding reception (in ramsgate) On arrival we where told that we would be in the "Attic" Because an other guest was going in there but refused (dont blame him) for that we where only charged £120 instead of £140 (1 of the good things) The room being in the Attic was low and as i am 6ft 3 i kept banging my head, The double bed was actually two twin beds pushed together, and the supposed to be "En suite bathroom" was actually down the allful and very dangerous stairs, anyone with a suit case wont make it up there. No hot water in the tiny sink in the bedroom or in the bathroom just a small trickle from the bedroom sink from the hot water put cold, the hot water boiler by the side was broken. The Decor was awful our bedroom door was art ex and matched the walls. Also there was a Disgusting smell, which to be honest smelt of urine. The Bathroom was about 3ft wide and to be honest you could not swing a cat in there, so to try and get dressed after a shower would be near on impossible We were offered other accommodation by a guest at the wedding reception, So came back to the "Digs" to try and negotiate but Jane was not there!! The only other good point was the Breakfast, however the cutlery was dirty, This Hotel According to my Girlfriend needs Shutting down, Personally i would report it to ABTA/ATOL Ramsgate tourist board and Gordon ramseys Hotels from Hell !!

Room Tip: Dont bother with Spencer court its not a Hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple