“first and last”

The Ramsgate Tandoori
Ranked #59 of 204 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: 28 years experience in running the business of exotic Indian cuisine in Thanet. Catering for large parties. Take away, free home delivery are available. 10% discount on collection of order over £10.
Reviewed 10 March 2014

ordered food to the value of £30 for two in the restaurant to be delivered later that day and it did arrive on time. The food was in very small portions plus it was extremely salty, both of the vegetable sides containing potato were hard..
However the most disappointing aspect was that we requested 3 poppadams for starter also a chicken tikka starter plus a shammee kebab all requiring raita we were sent just one tiny pot also no other chutneys.

1  Thank stella59

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Oredered from them twice. Both times the same driver rocked up. Unftriendly and miserable as hell. Upon opening the door, he put the food on the floor outside and did not hand it to me which makes me wonder about the way they worknwith food in their kitchen. He lied by telling me the people next door at house number *** sent him to us because the houses are not numbered and he knocked at the wrong door. House number*** has been unoccupied for years. The food is not that great either. I won't be ordering from there again.

2  Thank 7,508,135,116,080
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I have eaten here often over the last 5 years and also use their take away service too....the food is tasty and I can't understand the previous reviewer as I have never seen a waitress here, the only woman who sometimes waitresses is one of the owners who is a Bangladeshi Lady who knows her cooking so well she often teaches courses on Indian cookery .....???

1  Thank Happybird79
Reviewed 22 October 2013

For some reason this curry house has never been regarded as one of the best.
It often seems very quiet, and it's central location seems to suggest it will be more expensive than it should be.
I went along with a group of friends, who, in the fine tradition of eating curry, had all had a few drinks. Don't let that make you think that this review will be lessened by this fact though.
The welcome when we arrived was warm, and although the decor is nothing amazing, it is comfortable and quite spacious.
Poppadoms (which never seem to get spelled the same way twice) were outstandingly fresh and crisp.
Rice was a little dry.
Naan breads were excellent.
Side dishes were also superb.
Curry dish was outstanding. In fact the best I've had in the area for a number of years.

The price came to £23 per head, which we all agreed was very good given the quality of the food, and the fact that we each had a couple of drinks with the meal.

Service was quick, and very friendly.

This is to my mind, the best curry house in Thanet,

1  Thank Jack V
Reviewed 14 August 2013

we live in THanet and always order from here, as it is the best in town. tried a few other places but we keep ordering from ramsgate tandoori probably once a months or so because we havent found anything better in this area. And its halal, yummm no blood in the meat!!!