“Ticks all the boxes”
other travellers have booked this property
Dining Room
Sitting Room dining room through to kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Sitting Room
dining room through to kitchen
Kitchen into dining area
Sitting room
Sitting room from other angle
3. master bedroom with dressing room and ensuite
3. master bedroom (1 king size bed)
Ramsgate beach
kitchen off dining room
Bedroom 2 ( 1 double and 1 twin bed) new carpet Oct 2014
Bedroom 5 1 double bed, 1 single bed
bathroom 3
3. top bathroom
kitchen and sitting room in apartment under main house
Dressing room off master bedroom
sitting room
shower room off bedroom 6
View from the balcony
View from the balcony. Van Gough did a sketch of same view
Van Gough Sketch, view  from balcony
Courtyard sunny garden
Ramsgate Light House
Matt Cooper Photography
Restaurants, bars, coffee shops on harbour, 5 mins walk from house
surfing lessons, fun for the kids
Ramsgate harbour, 5 mins walk from house
Sunny day by Ramsgate beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

London, United Kingdom
“Ticks all the boxes”
Reviewed 23 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

I stayed at Latimer House with 2 other families in September 2014. Having stayed in many large holiday houses over the last 15 years, this property ranks amongst the best I have stayed in. The location is brilliant, you could probably stay in Ramsgate itself all weekend, with all you could want within walking distance. Alternatively you can reach Broadstairs or Margate with a short car drive, or venture further afield to Whitstable. The house was well equipped, and very clean and comfortable. All in all, highly recommended!

Your age range 35-49
Jo F
Harlow, England, United Kingdom
“A great house in a great location for a family celebration!”
Reviewed 21 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

Latimer house is beautifully presented and well kitted out for large groups. We stayed this weekend for my 40th birthday as a group of 12, 6 adults and 6 children aged 3-15. The bedrooms have a good range of layouts to suit everyone. The kitchen and dining areas are great spaces for a large group to eat and relax in. The lounge too is very comfortable, with great sun on the attached balcony for your morning cup of tea! The information provided told us everything we needed to know both in the house and the local area. thanks to Deanna, the owner, who has has obviously thought carefully to make this a lovely holiday home-from-home! Wee you again next year!

Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
brenda y
London, United Kingdom
“The Good, The Bad and the Bed Bugs....”
Reviewed 10 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

I stayed in Latimer house over the weekend from 5-7th September 2014 alongside 11 other ladies for a friends hen weekend. I must admit the house is beautiful and there was enough space for us all to comfortably relax. We had a brilliant weekend and all the things we needed were readily available with clear instructions within the manual about the places to visit and things to do in the area. The bedrooms, living area, dining rooms and kitchens were all very spacious and the home environment appeared clean and generally well kempt. – On the surface.

In spite of all the positive things mentioned, I would not be giving a true account of the home if I did not report the deficiency’s within the property that impacted on all 12 ladies that stayed in the home. The home has an infestation of bed bugs. To those who have knowledge of the damage that bed bugs can cause on the human skin, one can only imagine the impact this had on 12 of the ladies in the home. I do not mean one bite- I mean each lady having a whole body full of bites- legs, face, back and arms. On our first night taking into consideration we all stayed in different rooms we all woke up with various bites around our bodies that were extremely itchy and filled with puss when they eventually scared over. This is no coincidence.

When sitting in the living area, we were bitten and it got to the stage were we could generally feel things crawling over our bodies- whether this was in our imagination because of the amount of bites we had or not I do not know! However, as you can imagine caused us to be on edge and unable to 100% relax as a result.

Rightly so we have been in contact with Deanna who has told us that the bed bugs are not in fact ‘bed bugs’ and merely a result of the ‘hot’ weather conditions. Which in my opinion is a misconstrued. Ramsgate is not in the medditatairian where we could blame this on mosquitos. It was not that ‘hot’ aprox 17-18 degrees over the weekend. We all went out in the area and did not have any new bites. They were all developed inside the home. Whether this is chosen to be acknowledged by the owners or not- an account from 12 different people proves otherwise.

If given the option I would stay in the home again? Yes as I have mentioned the many positive aspects about the home. However, the infestation needs to be acknowledged, recognised and acted upon before I would consider such an option. The purpose of the weekend was to enjoy, relax and have fun. All in which were achieved however, the bites and bugs made achieving that equilibrium particularly difficult.

Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
27 Sep 2014
I am of course horrified to read this review. Cleanliness and hygiene is extremely important to us. We regularly hoover beds, clean and change all mattress protectors. At the start of the summer season I replaced 28 pillows as comfort is very important and we like everything clean fresh and spotless. We have never ever received such feedback as you will see from the other reviews. I have checked with the 2 parties just prior to that booking and the 2 groups since and not one of those 40 people had a problem. I also went down this week and spent the night there to double check for myself. Believe me, I would be mortified and would remedy the problem immediately if there was one. I live in London and I have received many mosquito bites in the last couple of weeks which I have read is due to the unusually mild weather. I am very dismayed at this review as of course reviews are essential to running a business. We work extremely hard to provide a house that people have a great time in and leave with great memories. Time and money is in short supply so we really do everything we can to make the whole holiday fantastic. The person who wrote this review wrote the below email to me which I have copied and pasted word for word, so I am extremely disappointed that she feels she can't recommend my house given her comments overall:

Dear Deanna,

We had a great weekend, and enjoyed Ramsgate with the good weather.
The house was amazing & more than we could have hoped for.
All the ladies had a fun time, & it was all to do with your house.

Having said that some of the ladies complained of bed bugs & are suffering from bites, I
thought I'd just provide this feedback to yourself. Other than that the home was
all we had hoped for and more. We definitely would recommend your house to others &
stay again ourselves. Thanks again.

Diana Odongo
Grahams55...
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“A Memorable Stay In Latimer House”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

Latimer House is the perfect house for a family reunion. The owners have thought of everything that you would need for your stay. The rooms are spacious and the beds wonderfully comfortable. It made a special occasion that bit more special and we can`t recommend it highly enough. Thanks Deanna!

Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: I couln`t find anything I disliked about the property.
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
christoph...
Reading, United Kingdom
“Easter Family Holiday”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

Three generations of our family met up at Latimer House for a weeks holiday over the Easter Period. 10 of us in all including 4 young boys. We all loved this spacious house with its generous sized and well decorated rooms, its proximity to the beach, promenades, cafes and town centre. You can see the sea from certain rooms, sit on the balcony and idly watch those playing tennis on the small park opposite. The tennis pavilion has recently been converted into a small, friendly cafe. We had a great week.

Liked best: spacious rooms
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Katy D
London
“Fab property for a weekend with friends”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

This house is fantastic for a group of friends or large family. Absolutely loads of space (it just keeps going on and up!). Kitchen & dining area is a great space for lazy meals, huge fridge for all the wine & beer and enormous sitting room with a seat for everyone.

We have 9 staying and there was plenty of room and enough bathrooms for us all to cope easily. You definitely need to be comfortable with stairs but it is worth it. Small rear garden but it is a fabulous sun trap so worth a visit.

On the Saturday we arranged for a beautician to pamper the ladies in the group which worked out fantastically well (Hayley Newman based out of Margate.. v,. good). The boys "researched" the local pubs in preparation for our night out :-)

Ramsgate isn't the most exciting place in the world but being only 5 minutes walk down to the harbour and all the pubs and live music there was something for everyone. Broadstairs was worth the short bus ride for a day by the seaside and lots of lovely restaurants on the seafront.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Liked best: Kitchen dining area for relaxed lazy meals
Liked least: Top floor bathroom was lovely but didn't have a proper shower, bit of a challenge to use!
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Large groups
tomedward...
“Fantastic Property - book this or you will be sorry!”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

We spent a wonderful weekend in this fantastic property. Everything was exactly as shown in the pictures and described in the text - in fact, the house was even better than expected!

The owner was an absolute pleasure to deal with from start to finish, and was incredibly accommodating... despite some slightly unusual requests that I am sure other owners would have refused.

The house is furnished and equipped to a very high standard - and has absolutely everything you need for a weekend away. There is loads of space! You just keep going up another flight of stairs to find more bedrooms and bathrooms. The location is fantastic, just a couple of minutes walk into town. And there is a pub at each end of the road if you can't be bothered to walk more than 1 minute!

I really can't recommend this property highly enough if you are looking for a large, spacious house with a luxurious feel which is available for an absolute bargain price.

Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: Nothing!
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;