“Beautiful house in great location”
other travellers have booked this property
Dining Room
Sitting Room dining room through to kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Sitting Room
dining room through to kitchen
Kitchen into dining area
Sitting room
Sitting room from other angle
3. master bedroom with dressing room and ensuite
3. master bedroom (1 king size bed)
Ramsgate beach
kitchen off dining room
Bedroom 2 ( 1 double and 1 twin bed) new carpet Oct 2014
Bedroom 5 1 double bed, 1 single bed
bathroom 3
3. top bathroom
kitchen and sitting room in apartment under main house
Dressing room off master bedroom
sitting room
shower room off bedroom 6
View from the balcony
View from the balcony. Van Gough did a sketch of same view
Van Gough Sketch, view  from balcony
Courtyard sunny garden
Ramsgate Light House
Matt Cooper Photography
Restaurants, bars, coffee shops on harbour, 5 mins walk from house
surfing lessons, fun for the kids
Ramsgate harbour, 5 mins walk from house
Sunny day by Ramsgate beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
GlendaC37...
Stroud, United Kingdom
“Beautiful house in great location”
Reviewed 1 October 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

I booked Latimer House for a summer holiday for my extended family. We had a lovely week. The house is large, beautiful and very clean. It had everything we needed, for a comfortable stay. We mostly cooked our evening meal, then spent time around the large dining room table playing games. The location is handy for the beach and for shops, pubs and restaurants. If holidaying in the area again, we would definitely return to Latimer House.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Roomy,clean and comfortable.
Liked least: Parking outside the house was sometimes a problem.
Large groups
Sarah P
Louth, United Kingdom
“Wonderful house,wonderful holiday.”
Reviewed 1 October 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

I stayed here with my large family group at the beginning of the school holiday. The house was even better than it looks and is very well equipped for large parties. I have rented many holiday homes and have noticed that many owners do not provide particularly good beds and bedding. Not so Latimer House. The beds were very comfortable and beautifully laundered white cotton bedding were a real treat after hot days on the beach. We all had a wonderful holiday and highly recommend both LatimerHouse and Ramsgate.

Liked best: The whole thing
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
4 Oct 2014
We are very glad you enjoyed Latimer House so much. Many thanks for your kind review
90sTravel...
London, United Kingdom
“Not my prefered style of lodging but ok”
Reviewed 29 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

Stayed for a weekend at Latimer House and it was a pleasant stay, the only real issue I had was the hot water running out on me and the heating.
I wouldn't recommed it purely based on the fact that it is not the kind of accomodation I would choose myself, seems better suited to families and people who enjoy the outdoors in my opinion.

Liked best: The master suite
Liked least: the bathroom taps that blast water at you
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Large groups
3 Oct 2014
We have run our holiday home for 8 years and have enjoyed having our many lovely guests over the years. The high point being a couple of years ago when someone sent me some flowers ( they were total strangers paying guests) which was incredibly kind of them. The lowest point was a group in September who unfortunately got bitten by nats or mosquitos and wrote a review saying we had bed bugs. I reassured them we do not. I am confident about this as 1. we spray the beds regularly. 2 we hoover the beds. 3 we wash mattress protectors regularly 4 I checked with 8 other bookings we had in August and September. 3 prior to that booking and 3 since. The guest that posted this review was one of the group from the "bed bug" weekend so make of this review what you wish. It is a shame. However I am immensely grateful to the other wonderful guests we have had who continue to support us
Els S
“The advert said "a hidden gem"- it truly was!!”
Reviewed 25 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

Stayed here for my sister's hen do with 10 other ladies!
Beautiful house with lots of room to relax/sleep/ get ready for a night out.

Stayed Friday to Sunday 12th - 14th sept

Only 2 downsides- one.... knats! Got bitten while spending the evening in the garden but was defiantly not bed bugs and being near the water it was expected.

The only other negative I can think of is that we ran out of hot water on our second day there. Although- I must add we did a lot of washing up and thought this may have somthing to do with it. We left it a couple of hours and tried again and then there was plenty of hot water for everyone.

It's a beautiful house in a fab location!! 5 minutes from the beach, restaurants, bars and pubs!! Perfect for a hen do!

I loved it so much I'm making enquiries for another weekend there!

Deana was so helpful and accommodating right from the very start. The payment and check in/out process was seamless and she was always happy to answer any seemingly silly questions we had!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
MrsD01267
“Ticks all the boxes”
Reviewed 23 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

I stayed at Latimer House with 2 other families in September 2014. Having stayed in many large holiday houses over the last 15 years, this property ranks amongst the best I have stayed in. The location is brilliant, you could probably stay in Ramsgate itself all weekend, with all you could want within walking distance. Alternatively you can reach Broadstairs or Margate with a short car drive, or venture further afield to Whitstable. The house was well equipped, and very clean and comfortable. All in all, highly recommended!

Your age range 35-49
Jo F
Harlow, England, United Kingdom
“A great house in a great location for a family celebration!”
Reviewed 21 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

Latimer house is beautifully presented and well kitted out for large groups. We stayed this weekend for my 40th birthday as a group of 12, 6 adults and 6 children aged 3-15. The bedrooms have a good range of layouts to suit everyone. The kitchen and dining areas are great spaces for a large group to eat and relax in. The lounge too is very comfortable, with great sun on the attached balcony for your morning cup of tea! The information provided told us everything we needed to know both in the house and the local area. thanks to Deanna, the owner, who has has obviously thought carefully to make this a lovely holiday home-from-home! Wee you again next year!

Travelling group: Large Group
Large groups People with pets
brenda y
London, United Kingdom
“The Good, The Bad and the Bed Bugs....”
Reviewed 10 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

I stayed in Latimer house over the weekend from 5-7th September 2014 alongside 11 other ladies for a friends hen weekend. I must admit the house is beautiful and there was enough space for us all to comfortably relax. We had a brilliant weekend and all the things we needed were readily available with clear instructions within the manual about the places to visit and things to do in the area. The bedrooms, living area, dining rooms and kitchens were all very spacious and the home environment appeared clean and generally well kempt. – On the surface.

In spite of all the positive things mentioned, I would not be giving a true account of the home if I did not report the deficiency’s within the property that impacted on all 12 ladies that stayed in the home. The home has an infestation of bed bugs. To those who have knowledge of the damage that bed bugs can cause on the human skin, one can only imagine the impact this had on 12 of the ladies in the home. I do not mean one bite- I mean each lady having a whole body full of bites- legs, face, back and arms. On our first night taking into consideration we all stayed in different rooms we all woke up with various bites around our bodies that were extremely itchy and filled with puss when they eventually scared over. This is no coincidence.

When sitting in the living area, we were bitten and it got to the stage were we could generally feel things crawling over our bodies- whether this was in our imagination because of the amount of bites we had or not I do not know! However, as you can imagine caused us to be on edge and unable to 100% relax as a result.

Rightly so we have been in contact with Deanna who has told us that the bed bugs are not in fact ‘bed bugs’ and merely a result of the ‘hot’ weather conditions. Which in my opinion is a misconstrued. Ramsgate is not in the medditatairian where we could blame this on mosquitos. It was not that ‘hot’ aprox 17-18 degrees over the weekend. We all went out in the area and did not have any new bites. They were all developed inside the home. Whether this is chosen to be acknowledged by the owners or not- an account from 12 different people proves otherwise.

If given the option I would stay in the home again? Yes as I have mentioned the many positive aspects about the home. However, the infestation needs to be acknowledged, recognised and acted upon before I would consider such an option. The purpose of the weekend was to enjoy, relax and have fun. All in which were achieved however, the bites and bugs made achieving that equilibrium particularly difficult.

Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
27 Sep 2014
I am of course horrified to read this review. Cleanliness and hygiene is extremely important to us. We regularly hoover beds, clean and change all mattress protectors. At the start of the summer season I replaced 28 pillows as comfort is very important and we like everything clean fresh and spotless. We have never ever received such feedback as you will see from the other reviews. I have checked with the 2 parties just prior to that booking and the 2 groups since and not one of those 40 people had a problem. I also went down this week and spent the night there to double check for myself. Believe me, I would be mortified and would remedy the problem immediately if there was one. I live in London and I have received many mosquito bites in the last couple of weeks which I have read is due to the unusually mild weather. I am very dismayed at this review as of course reviews are essential to running a business. We work extremely hard to provide a house that people have a great time in and leave with great memories. Time and money is in short supply so we really do everything we can to make the whole holiday fantastic. The person who wrote this review wrote the below email to me which I have copied and pasted word for word, so I am extremely disappointed that she feels she can't recommend my house given her comments overall:

Dear Deanna,

We had a great weekend, and enjoyed Ramsgate with the good weather.
The house was amazing & more than we could have hoped for.
All the ladies had a fun time, & it was all to do with your house.

Having said that some of the ladies complained of bed bugs & are suffering from bites, I
thought I'd just provide this feedback to yourself. Other than that the home was
all we had hoped for and more. We definitely would recommend your house to others &
stay again ourselves. Thanks again.

Diana Odongo
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing