“A comfortable stay at the Comfort Inn”

Comfort Inn Ramsgate
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Ramsgate
Medway, United Kingdom
“A comfortable stay at the Comfort Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Comfort Inn is in an ideal location near the centre of Ramsgate with free parking. The hotel had a lovely relaxed feel to it. Stayed in the honeymoon suite for one night which was very clean throughout. Room was very spacious with separate lounge area. Large balcony overlooking spectacular sea views. Tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryer, trouser press and towels provided. The room was a little tired looking in places but this just added to the charm and feel of the place. My only small moan is that the room was incredibly hot and the air con unit wasn't working. I didn't mention it to reception as I was only there for one night but I'm sure they would have rectified this had I told them. Breakfast was of a good standard. Would recommend this hotel and will stay here again myself.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Well where would I start, firstly my room. I booked honeymoon sweet for one night, ok ok behave. Anyway on arrival the receptionist was helpful polite and attentive. our room was on the second floor and one look at the lift my partner decided that there was no way two people could use it in any comfort so she chose the stairs. I took the lift. she was right two bags and myself and it was distinctly claustrophobic. After trundling up the two floors I was greeted by a maze of corridors and my confused partner not knowing where she was. After deciding a cursory check I located the room and we walked down a rather narrow corridor. Seems to be a theme here. On entering the room however we were nicely surprised a large open room with four poster and magnificent ocean views.

Once we had deposited our cases we decided to check put the room and explore. off to the side was a large shower room with toilet. Unfortunately it was rather spoilt by the pubic hairs on the toilet and the soiled paper on the holder. Little things but not what I expected. After remedying this I turned my attention to the room itself. A rather tired and worn sofa which was really uncomfortable was the centre attraction and nice but slightly too high tv on the wall. To one side was a dressing table with a mirror. One wardrobe with four hangers obviously a shortage in the area. Again both a little dated and careworn.

Then the bed, a large four poster with clean linen. looked really good unfortunately once I had again done my four in bed inspection :) I decided a screwdriver and socket set would be something to consider. The whole thing squeaked and groaned and moved when sat on. Would not be my ideal choice for honeymoon night. Anyway moving on the bed had rather dated drapes which unfortunately were not to clean and matched the curtains in the room which again could do with a wash. anyway, I then looked around the room and noticed a large stain on ceiling by window. On closer inspection it appeared that at some time the shower above had leaked and water had run into the plaster. But again it looked old damage and a coat of paint could and should have been applied.

Once unpacked we went to the bar and found it to be a comfortable competitively priced bar with a good selection of food and drinks available. Staff again polite and helpful. After a tour of the town which I wont comment on we returned to our room. Again the unfortunately word springs up, the bedding was rather scratchy and to room stifling irrespective of what we tried with the air conditioning, even leaving the large patio doors open did not really cool the room and led to an unpleasant nights sleep. to top this off on the large balcony and it was lovely there was a light sensitive lamp which illuminated the whole room, even with the curtains pulled the light spilled in. Come 4 am I could take no more and went to reception. Unfortunately again the night porter was unable to assist but he did sympathise.

So after a sleepless night I was really looking forward to breakfast. At first glance it looked great. Looked is right, the bread was dried out even when toasted was a little iffy. the croissants were hard and brittle, the jam well, just stick to the frozen butter. I would have had juice but the orange had all gone and after asking for more I left before it arrived. Oh and stick to the tea, don't go for the coffee unless you really like cheapo nasty coffee. It looked and tasted rank is the only word that fits. Anyway, on going to reception to settle the bill and have a say re my stay the receptionist could barely acknowledge me between conversation with her friend but finally managed take the key and ay goodbye. Well as I said nearly but not quite. Frankly I wouldn't recommend and will never return.

Room Tip: Sea view but make sure the balcony light is turned off at night if possible.
1 Thank John H
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Spent just one night here this week,booked the honeymoon suite as I wanted a balcony and sea view.
Lovely position on sea front and beautiful views from room.The bed was a faux 4 poster but was very comfy and the room large enough to have a sofa and coffee table.
Bathroom was adequate but shower excellent.
Breakfast was continental but very good,cereal, fruit yogurt,juice and toast and crumpets,serve yourself,hot food was available for extra charge.
We didn't use the restraurant as it looked very dim. The hotel itself is a little tired but some decoration was going on so may be they are starting to tidy it up.
The staff were very helpful and the bedroom and linen all clean.
I would recommend paying the extra for the honeymoon suite even if not on honeymoon!!

Room Tip: Sea view room especially honeymoon suite.
1 Thank Kate C
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I always stay at this hotel when I am in the area for business. Friendly,polite staff. Nice bar food at good prices.Real ale.Lovely breakfast. Warm, comfortable rooms. Easy parking. Great views. Competitive rates.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DuncanToon
Withernsea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Wonderful sea-view, high up, 3rd. Floor. Room comfortable, with big bathroom and modern TV. Very dated for 21st. Century - but homely. Excellent Continental Breakfast : with real boiled ham, hardboiled eggs, and LOTS of fresh fruit. Also some less-commonly provided toasted pikelets. Jams and marmalades desperately need to be conserves or home-made.
Another advantage of staying here is the very comprehensive and tasty Lunch Menu, served in a spacious Bar facing the North Sea, with distant views of France to the Left.
A Million pounds would go a long way revolutionizing this Hotel : for the benefit of a lot more guests than it attracts at present.

Room Tip: Pay extra for Sea View...and bargain, bargain Price !
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Sewell, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I spent a Saturday night at this nice seaside hotel to get a break from London and to see the English Channel/White Cliffs. The receptionist was polite (but what do expect in England?). The room was clean and bed comfortable. The fixings for a proper cup of tea were provided. There is a small theatre across the road which was convenient. Ramsgate is not apparently considered a major tourist magnet but this was just what I was looking for. It rained on Saturday (remember England again?) But the next morning, it was a beautiful, sunny day. All the locals were walking along the cliffs or beach with their dogs. Jolly good show, Comfort Inn!

Room Tip: Ask for a seaside view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

We went to this hotel for a midweek break with a Groupon voucher. We had a room on the side of the hotel with a partial view of the sea, it was clean and comfortable and quiet. During the 2 nights we were there we never heard anything. The mattress was too soft for me, I kept waking up with backache. Coffee and tea making facilities in the room.Breakfast was continental, with bread, croissants and pastries, cheese, jam, etc, quite nice and adequate. Friendly staff. It is a 10 minute walk along the seafront into town. Easy parking in front of the hotel along the road
We did not have an evening meal in this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple