“Great food.”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Great food.”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We go to this restaurant at least twice a month and the food is always excellent. Although on a busy night the service can be a bit slow the staff are always polite.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank shirleyw w

Margate, United Kingdom
“One of the best curry I've ever had!”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I've been to many indian restaurants in this area and I always return to St. Lawrence! The food selection on the menu is great and has always tasted great too - authentic and everything is freshly made (unlike some places I've been too). The staff are very polite and I will always return here!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Sophiesmith1989
Broadstairs
“Highly disappointing”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I have just returned from this restaurant with a party of colleagues. Service was atrocious, food VERY average, and attitude of staff totally "couldn't-care-less". They even tried to charge us extra for items they had provided to out table without any request to do so. We were not offered either coffee or desserts. They couldn't wait to get rid of us, which was not too much of a problem as we couldn't wait to leave anyway. Will never return!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Graham D
Kent, England, United Kingdom
“Very average curry”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

The St Lawrence Tandoori is a modern restaurant, with a light feel, but sadly the long, narrow shape of the premises makes it feel more cramped than it actually is.
Atmosphere was quiet but this was midweek and not many people were in. Traditional and some modern Indian music playing.
The staff are very friendly and pleasant, and service was prompt and efficient.
The menu gives a good range of typical curry house dishes, and a good selection of house specialties.
Poppadoms were served with a small selection of pickles and sauces, in not over generous quantity. Spicy poppadoms were slightly burnt at the edges.
The curry itself lacked anything special, and for a tandoori mixed grill masala, the amount of meat was not excessive. The sauce itself, while tasty enough, did not stand out and could have quite easily have just been shop bought.
Rices were well cooked, perhaps a little dry.
Breads were very nicely cooked and had a very good flavour, although I am not sure if they are made on the premises or bought in.
Onion bhajis were delicious!
Price was fairly typical for a restaurant of this type, possibly a little higher, but not too much.

Still probably the best curry house in the local area, but just nothing that would make you travel more than a couple of miles to eat there.

• Visited May 2013
Margate, England, United Kingdom
“The only choice in thanet”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I have been eating here since 2007 and have never had a bad experience. The staff are friendly and provide excellent service. I do dislike that everywhere I eat I get asked how is my food after my first three mouthfuls but then again I am guilty of doing exactly the same at home! That said, I would not agree with other reviewers who have said that the staff are over the top but we all differ. Food has always been excellent and plenty of it too. Would go there more if could.

• Visited October 2012