“Sadly removed, will be returned.”

The Great Wall of Ramsgate
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Sadly removed, will be returned.”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Don't dismiss this. I was told the pictures will be back.
I hope this is true because it was a wonderful display by local talent.
I saw the pictures last year and they are really worth waiting for.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Ann C

Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Various Perspectives on a Beautiful Seaside Town”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The wall celebrates Ramsgate in all it's multitudes; featuring nautical imagery, mythology, history, and more. I appreciate the fact that all the paintings were created by local artists, exploring various aspects of the town. The paintings represent the work of many individuals, including a wide age-range of artists (some works were even created by children - which is pretty cool).

I particularly like all the viking imagery (long boats and such)

Note: The Wall has since been vandalized, which is very sad. I heard it was for political reasons. I don't see how attacking a community based project, showcasing the works of local artists, can help anyone in furthering their political agenda. We can only hope that the well gets restored. May it be shown more respect in the future.

Visited January 2013
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“I just don't get this”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

I am not sure what this supposed to be as there is nothing there to see. It actually is a bit of an eyesore and spoils the frontage which is already suffering from closed down buildings. Some money and inspiration is really needed to revitalise this stretch of land.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Blueroom1
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Vandalised”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Sadly, earlier this year the wall of wonderful paintings was vandalised overnight. All us residents were heartbroken but it's some consolation to know that the damaged works are in the process of being restored. Hopefully, more effective security will be in place for the future.

Visited February 2013
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Where is this place? Oh its gone.”
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

We heard about it and looked for it but apparently it was taken down? Or stolen? Is what locals told us. So we were quite dissapointed. Went away wondering what wonders we had missed. Oh well we can dream of it cant we. Andrew and Helen london.

Visited July 2013