“Lovely cafe”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2012

A cafe by the community for the community. It serves great locally sourced food at reasonable prices. Good home cooked cakes and healthy kids food. Welcomes old and young alike and great value for money.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

If you want a really excellent food experience AT VERY REASONABLE PRICES.

The Kitchen should be on your list of places to go.

The staff are really excellent. Its quite unusual in some respects in so far as the place is run as a Communuty Cafe. In effect, it has a few paid members of staff as far as I can see, but it really scores because it helps people to learn new things/skills & to help get them back into roles/jobs perhaps they might not have felt comfortable with.

So not only is it a really good food experience, it is equally good at giving to the community. Its not a money grabbing chain.

Well done.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Took my mum for lunch in the cafe - excellent value and Hayley's hand made cakes are a real treat. Great services for all the community, including WiFi; kid's menu too.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I love the kids craft morning, The live music, Children friendly lots to offer all age groups. My daughter loves a dippy egg from here and they are always cooked to perfection. I highly recommend you visit The Kitchen.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

I'm not one for using the 'big coffee chains' whenever I travel, and boy, am I glad I didn't when dropping in on Ramsgate recently. Situated just off the main high street (passed Blockbusters) This little gem of a cafe,' 'The Kitchen' boasts some truely delicious 'Home baked' cakes.

Being spoilt for choice, I settled for a chunk of carrot cake, Wow, simply fantastic! Moist, lots of spice and topped with a sublime cream icing. The only downside was, I wanted to try all of them. If my memory doesn't fail me, I could have gone for either the chocolate or banana cakes. Pecan pie or date slice.

It's such a shame more people don't try the smaller run coffee shop bar/cafe's. There's simply no comparison to the dry, thawed out rubbish sold at the multi nationals. 10/10

1  Thank Exog3nesis