“Warm, welcoming and an excellent restaurant”

Royal Harbour Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Ramsgate
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Warm, welcoming and an excellent restaurant”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I spent two nights at the hotel in early March when visiting the area before moving down permenantly with work. It was my first trip to Thanet and the staff were incredibly receptive, friendly and full of good advice - I couldn't have hoped for a better welcome.

The room was cosy - some would say small - but I found it perfectly adequate. It was warm despite the cold weather, light and comfortable. If you are worried about the room size my advice would be to book over the phone and speak to the staff in person rather than booking online - the customer service I experienced was excellent and I'm sure they would accommodate your needs.

The restaurant too was delightful - warm and welcoming - and Nicole was the perfect hostess. The food too was excellent, I had the Dover sole although I would happily have eaten anything from the menu.

I am already looking forward to returning in the Spring with my wife.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
Whitstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

There is nothing not to love about this charming hotel. We walked in to the public sitting room just as the sun was setting over the harbour across the road, and the whole room seemed to glow, all polished old wood, comfy unmatched sofas, beautifully well-chosen colours, candles and a crackling fire. I am a very big fan of my own bed, but the bed in the room has given it some competition, it was incredibly comfortable and feathery.
Overall just great, loads of character but all done with excellent attention to detail and very high standards.

Stayed March 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I took my mother and our 2 dogs for a couple of nights and we we're look after very well, staff very nice,and in an excellent place the view was to die for looking over the harbour , would defo recommend !

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
UK
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Well this little quirky gem was a real surprise. My wife and I went for an overnight stay in Ramsgate, and she booked the Royal Harbour Hotel. We had room 19, which is the top floor of the actual hotel, facing the harbour. The view was superb. The good bits, lovely staff, all very friendly and accommodating. My wife need hyper allergenic bedding, which is always a test of any hotel. The Royal Harbour changed it all quickly and efficiently. A nice surprise was free cheese and biscuits in the lounge area, between 22:00 and midnight, and the 'honesty' bar works really well. We also played LPs on the old record player, whilst reading by one of the fires! Breakfast was excellent, they have almost everything you could want. My only comments would be that a standard double bed is a bit small for us, and because these are old buildings there is no lift, so the top floor is a trek!

Room Tip: Harbour facing rooms give a great view, I noticed some had balconies these would be a good choice.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel every time we come to Ramsgate.
The rooms are decorated with such detail and style it is such a pleasure to stay there. Crisp white linen, with touches of nauticle style. The views from the front of the hotel overlook the harbour. Food is excellent and the ambiance of the sitting rooms make a welcoming place to sit and just relax. The staff and management are always friendly and very helpful. Didnt realise from our last stay that the hotel now supports its own resturant, which looks fantastic and very intimate for those romantic weekend breaks away
Can not find anything negative about this lovely hotel

• Stayed March 2014
Ashtead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We have recently spent four nights at the Royal Harbour hotel, in the run up to our son's wedding. The hotel staff could not have done more for us, from coping with requests for places for ushers to change, hairdressers to work, a place to have sandwiches and drinks before we set off to the church. The hotel's cosy sitting rooms made it a home from home during a very busy pre-wedding period. WE enjoyed coming back in the evenings for cheese and biscuits and a drink from the honesty bar in front of the fires.Jill, Richard and David and all the staff were so friendly and helpful and coped with a large party of us for the weekend. We hope to be back one day for a quiet weekend retreat.

Room Tip: Definitely worth asking for a room with a sea view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sarah B
Cockermouth
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel has a really quirky intimate feel and in this age of automated faceless "service" is a complete joy - if you like real old fashioned customer service this is the place for you. I like being welcomed like a long lost friend, nothing is too much trouble and the public rooms are inviting and homely - the open fire, honesty bar and cheese and biscuit supper just a few examples of this.

I have stayed here many times whilst visiting Ramsgate on business and the rooms are comfortable and well equipped. The breakfast is amazing and the view has to be one of the best of any seafront hotel in the UK.

Thank you for always making my trips to Ramsgate a complete delight.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsgate
Albion House Ramsgate Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kingsgate
Burlington Hotel
Burlington Hotel
#1 of 10 in Folkestone

Been to Royal Harbour Hotel? Share your experiences!