“Under New Owners 2014”
Review of The Boating Pool

The Boating Pool
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Had a lovely Sunny afternoon with family at Ramsgate Boating Pool, Zorbing £3, Pedalo's£2.50 ,Arcade, Play Area which is FREE, nice Latte. Food is good, lovely ice-cream. Very friendly and clean, lots more to look forward to. So Happy it is under new owners as they are very family orientated and so friendly. They also have more plans as the season goes on. Hope they do childrens parties as my niece and nephew loved it nearly as much as me. Will be taking my niece and nephew back there, can't wait :)

3  Thank Desert21
There are newer reviews for The Boating Pool

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I'm giving this an "average" rating purely on behalf of my 6-year-old cousin, whereas I would have rated it poor. He enjoyed running around and being a little monkey, he enjoyed playing on the apparatus and myself and my sister taking him around the boating pool on a paddle-boat. He and I were a bit disappointed to find that a £1-per-go electrical go-cart lasted for barely two minutes and I think this is incredibly extortionate for a child who wants to have fun and staff supervision could have been used here. The cafe is fairly priced but there could have been an area where you could collect your order after you've asked for it as the crowding in front of the till to wait is a pain, and I feel the "arcade" at this venue isn't really necessary when there can occasionally be a lack of seating inside on a cold and windy day, so it could be converted. For me, as a history enthusiast, I'd have liked to see some of the Victorian/Edwardian and thirties culture promoted and endorsed a lot more. Upon explaining to my sister and cousin that there was a monkey house in the disused building opposite the cafe, I was told this was untrue. It would be nice to hear more on the history of the building rather than having to speak to local groups. The boating pool could have used a lot of maintenance, during paddling we went round in a tiny circle because of all the gunk from the water, and this mess was everywhere. All in all, I had a lovely day here but I'd just really like to see the history of the area and of the building promoted a lot more.

1  Thank Hollieeee
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

What a lovely place and such a wasted opportunity. Just crying out for some TLC!
Litter in pool and poor state of repair. This could be so much better.

1  Thank JSSBuckinghamshire
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I always used to love coming here as a kid, and was a bit disappointed when coming with my son. It is looking pretty tired now, small amount of things for the kids to play on: there's a slide, swings etc and the paddle boats and very small go-cart track bit. You can enjoy a drink in the sun, but kids get bored very quickly. Could do with some animals, like they used to have, definitely needs an update. We usually come here after doing something else as a way of finishing the day off.

1  Thank hanban1987
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Visited many years ago, went back to see what it was like now.Boating pool looks tired, the place needs TLC,kids play facilities average.
Café here serving tea etc,Nice location overlooking the cliffs ,with great views out to sea.
Come and give it a go, you may enjoy it, I did not.